Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: reusing resources Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mitcheee on December-01-2010 at 3:43pm
View mitcheee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mitcheee Search   Quote mitcheee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mitcheee
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-29-2010
23 Posts

so  just wondering, if i have a video file that is accessed in two different places does tourweaver load the file once or twice, anotherwards is there a way to tell tourweaver that it has already loaded the video resource and it doesn't need to reload it. It is an important issue as the overall file size can get really large if you are having to reload the same resource 4 or five times. Also when a tour is loading from the web is it loading in the backround while the tour is being played?

thanks

Mitch

Message posted by pixelator on December-01-2010 at 4:14pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I would think once it loads it's in the cache.  So, when the second location is activated there would be no need to "tell" tourweaver to "reload".

Your .swf or .flv will load in the background but depending on file size may not fully be loaded when called upon.  Works a lot like Youtube.

I'm working on updating a project that may help with these questions.
Link To Tour

Let the tour play through the first scene (porch).  It then goes into the second scene (living).  Here you will see that the .flv loads but is still not fully loaded.  Again a lot like a video on Youtube.  It opens the second scene but still needs to buffer a little for the .flv on the tele.

Same .flv is pulled through the "Welcome" button at the top of the screen.  Same as what your referring to with one file being used in two locations.

Hope that helps.  I know there are others that can better answer but thought I would at least try.

Regards,
Pixel

Message posted by donald on December-01-2010 at 10:15pm
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Mitch ,

Answer of your first question: When use the same file in two or more different places, TW will load it two or more times. And we can't tell tourweaver not to reload it. I'm sorry it is a bug. Thank you very much for discovering this bug. I will submit the bug to our TW developer immediately.

Answer of your second question: When a tour is loading from the web it is loading from the background while the tour is being played. More specifically, when you open the tour and play it, this first scene has already been loaded, but the other scenes are still loading at the background.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register