Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Movie loads still image -> problem..? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by hlehtine on June-03-2004 at 11:02am
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts

Ok, my tests with Tourweaver continue... :) Now I ran to other problem...

I wanted to do a default movie, where I would load a still image with some rough instructions how to deal with the Virtual Tour. That still image's Scene Description would also contain more instructions...

So that would be the start of the Virtual Tour, BUT -> problem!

IF _the movie_ loads still image, the image shows fine, but the Scene Description and the Statusbar do not load at all!! I have also a Combo Box in the tour, and it is empty when still image is loaded by the movie!

IF I load that same still image via the Combo Box / List Box -> everything is ok, Description and Statusbar both work and show the text...

Can someone of you test this behaviour -> load the still image with the movie...

Do I miss something or is it a bug?

- Hans

Message posted by eagle on June-03-2004 at 2:02pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi Hans,

I use pano and still images on my tours and it works fine.

Not knowing what your tour looks like, I'll take a stab at offering some suggestions.

Make sure you set your new path as the default slideshow.

Make sure that your image is a jpg.  Gifs don't show up in Tourweaver.

Finally, it may be that you are running out of RAM especially if you are using a big file in terms of file size.  Try to close other apps or reboot.

r,
eagle

Message posted by hlehtine on June-03-2004 at 3:29pm
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by eagle on June-03-2004

Hi Hans,

I use pano and still images on my tours and it works fine.

Not knowing what your tour looks like, I'll take a stab at offering some suggestions.

Make sure you set your new path as the default slideshow.

Make sure that your image is a jpg.  Gifs don't show up in Tourweaver.

Finally, it may be that you are running out of RAM especially if you are using a big file in terms of file size.  Try to close other apps or reboot.

r,
eagle

Thanks for an answer eagle...

But my problem is not that something does not show right... every pano and still image shows as it should -> so paths and image formats are ok.

They show ok if I choose new scene from the hotspot, map, combo box, list box etc.. also Scene Descriptions and Statusbar show right with still images.....  BUT:

If I make a _movie_ (=pre-defined route) which includes still images as scenes, then Scene Description / Statusbar text _does not show at all_ !!!

Did you or someone else test this behaviour with TourWeaver 1.25 (Standard, trial)?

-> make new tour

-> put Viewer, SceneDescription and Statusbar placeholders to skin

-> include a still image(s) to tour (jpgs)

-> write some text to those scenes with still images

-> start the tour and see if the text fields show anything, when the default slideshow is playing and the scenes change automatically (if they don't change, make your own movie/slideshow and make it default)

-> add Combo Box / List Box and change scenes with it -> any difference with texts?

- Hans

Message posted by hlehtine on June-05-2004 at 3:54am
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts

...hmm, are there any moderators or other people who could answer me about this..? I am really going to purchase the Pro version, but this problem should be solved first...

I just found out that my soon-to-be-customer :) is willing to pay the asked price for the Virtual Tour I've made, so I am going to purchase the Tourweaver Pro, BUT...

I really would like to have those still images work with the slideshow / movie as they should! If it is a bug, could you please fix it ASAP (don't think it's too difficult thing to do...)

Once more, the problem is: if I have a still image(s) (jpg) in the tour and it is loaded by the Movie, no Scene Descriptions or Statusbar texts are shown! If I load the still image for example from the List Box, it's fine -> texts show ok.

NOTE: If I change the still image's "form" to a cylindrical/spherical panorama image (which of course shows heavily distorted image) -> texts show ok!

So it has something to do with the still images! Could someone else test if the problem exists?

Regards, Hans

Message posted by funkens on February-10-2009 at 1:33am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Hello Hans,
I have the same problem with my movie, stills are not working.
Did you solve the problem in the end?
Greetings
Fulco

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2009 at 2:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You are asking about something that is in a very old thread (2004) and this will not likely be relevant to the current release.

Please explain more about your issue and post a link to the tour so we can assist you better.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register