Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Please help inserting single .swf in html Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by seba_g on January-14-2011 at 11:49am
View seba_g's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seba_g Search   Visit seba_g's Homepage www   Quote seba_g Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
Hi,
I'm having hard time with inserting my tour to a website. When I publish it (Tourweaver 6.50) to Flash VR (swf) it doesn't generate any html file to it, and as a not really advanced HTML user I know only how to simply embed the swf file in html, but I have no knowledge using the Param codes etc.

So when i put it in this simple form the preloader and LoadingWindow is not working when the VT is loading.
My .swf file is almost 20MB so I really need the progress bar indicating that something is actually working properly.

here it is http://studio-360.pl/miasteczkodzieci

Can someone please help with the HTML??

I have no problem using the normal Flash VR, but I want to have the virtual tours in one .swf file.
I think the deal is to use some Params and FlashVars but I'm too confused with the JavaScript and other parameters in generated project file of the normal Flash VR tour to know what and how to do it.

I wish Easypano team will add generating html file while publishing a Flash VR(swf) in Tourweaver.

Message posted by funkens on January-14-2011 at 4:17pm
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Had the same question directed to the EP support, they told me swf is not for uploading to servers, mainly for watching on local devices.

good luck

Message posted by madmux on January-14-2011 at 4:39pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Well, i guess - this is because there's nothing to load.
If You use .swf, then all the resources, including scene images, videos, etc... are embedded. And you have to wait for the whole file (swf) to load.
In contrast, if you use normal flash vr, then the swf file is releatively small, it loads very fast and it can do preloading of other resources just after few seconds.
Swf is also a good thing, but for the different purposes. Sometimes i use it when i need to embed tour into other applications.
If You really need to have everything in swf and want to show a progressbar, then you have to create a flash/flex preloader - usually a small swf application which loads your tour swf (while showing progress) and executes it. But i would not recomend it, because with flash vr you have caching, preloading and other good things.

Best wishes,
madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by seba_g on January-15-2011 at 7:29am
View seba_g's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seba_g Search   Visit seba_g's Homepage www   Quote seba_g Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
Flash VR (swf) is SO useless then..

thanks for response guys

Message posted by smooth on January-15-2011 at 10:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Easypano only recently introduced self contained .swf format and the reason for it was for people who wanted to integrate into a Flash based Action Script 3 website or project. It is also suitable for CD delivery and sending "proofs" via email.

For publishing to .html web the traditional multi-file  _flash format is best.

That said, Easypano "should" be able to make the pre-loader work correctly with the single self contained .swf flash file. There are other panorama compilers out there that do this.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-15-2011 at 9:24pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
If the project is not too big .swf works ok.

http://forgetmenotsf.com

Sorry I did not make that clickable. The url tool above does not work on my phone.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by smooth on January-15-2011 at 11:06pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by thedhgroup on January-15-2011
If the project is not too big .swf works ok.

Yes, you get to see the panorama but there is absolutely no progress loader and that is the point be raised in this thread.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-17-2011 at 8:26pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
That is true. When I look at the forgetmenot tour on my android phone the progress bar flashes but for only a second. I don't see it at all on my computer. It would be nice to have some kind of loader I guess.

This is why I use the standard flash output on my site.

www.dakotavirtualtours.com

After it caches, going from page to page on my computer seems to work OK.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by madmux on January-18-2011 at 10:30am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
I've created a preloader for those who still want to use standalone .swf's. Not to hijack this thread, i posted info here:
here.

Maybe, EP will create their preloader, too. In the meantime you may experiment with this thing.

Best wishes,
Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by seba_g on January-19-2011 at 9:34am
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
great job madmux!

thanks for response everyone

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register