Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Formatting and location of hints Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Andrew Morton on January-20-2011 at 10:17am
View Andrew Morton's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Andrew Morton Search   Quote Andrew Morton Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Andrew Morton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-20-2011
3 Posts
If I make a hint with a lot of text in it so that it wraps, when the hint is displayed in a fairly small window (510px wide) the hint is displayed too far to the left by approximately the width of the right margin in the hint box.

I can manually break the lines, but that is not an ideal way of doing it.

Also, the right margin in the hint appears excessive, about two times what would look good.

(Using Tourweaver 6.50.101231)

Message posted by jenny on January-20-2011 at 9:55pm
View jenny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jenny Search   Quote jenny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jenny
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-16-2006
29 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Are you using TextArea to show the hint?
Like this:

I think the hint text location looks OK in my test tour. You may post a screenshot here to illustrate your problem.

-------------
Jenny Zhao from Easypano

Message posted by Andrew Morton on January-21-2011 at 4:30am
View Andrew Morton's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Andrew Morton Search   Quote Andrew Morton Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Andrew Morton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-20-2011
3 Posts
Hi Jenny,

I'm referring to the Hint, as circled in this panel:

As you can see in the following image, the hint has been clipped at the left of the window:

P.S. Please note also that, in that panel pictured above, "Boder" should be "Border".

Message posted by phoenixrising on January-21-2011 at 6:36am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Andrew: I've often found that a work around is sometimes the better solution. In the past I've used mouse over buttons as hints i.e. one of the button states is a formated png with the text. Alternativly you could have a pop-up window open and close on mouse over the button. This'll allow you to chose the position of the "hint". Both these solutions require a little bit of extra work rather then just copy paste to hint... but ultimately this may be a more elegant and, more importantly, immediate solution.

Easypano: Not a major thing but... I've had a couple of clients ask me about the positioning of hints. They would prefer that hints would always open in the same place e.g. always below or above the hotspots. Any chance this'll be possible sometime ?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by jenny on January-24-2011 at 1:26am
View jenny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jenny Search   Quote jenny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jenny
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-16-2006
29 Posts
To Andrew,

You are right, the position of hotspot hint does have such problem. I have submitted this problem to our programmers and we will fix it as soon as we can. You know we will be celebrating the Chinese Spring Festival next week, so I am afraid you need to wait for a little while. I think you can take phoenixrising's suggestion of using image hint as a temporary solution.

The spelling mistake will be corrected in the coming update of TW6.50, thank you for pointing this out.

To phoenixrising, thank you for your feature request. We think it is quite necessary for our users to set the position of hint. We probably will add this feature in the update of TW 6.50 after the holidays.

-------------
Jenny Zhao from Easypano

Message posted by smooth on January-24-2011 at 8:36am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by jenny on January-24-2011
To phoenixrising, thank you for your feature request. We think it is quite necessary for our users to set the position of hint. We probably will add this feature in the update of TW 6.50 after the holidays.

You must be careful when setting the position of the "Hint" You must make a rule around the perimeter because if you select top centered for instance this will be fine on lower buttons but if you have a button up across the top the "Hint" must change position to bottom centre. Similarly you will need to swap left to right for any buttons on the sides.

Regards, Smooth  [8D] 

Message posted by jenny on January-25-2011 at 10:25pm
jenny
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-16-2006
29 Posts
Hi Smooth,

You are right. We will take these into account:)

-------------
Jenny Zhao from Easypano

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register