Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Multiple tours using one skin Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by prb16 on January-24-2011 at 6:08pm
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
I would like to link multiple tours using the same skin. The tours will have their own maps etc.. I have created 6 movie tracks, but how do I get them to run from the first default movie through the 6 movies to loop back to the default movie to start over again? Is this possible?
I am using TW 6.5

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by willie on January-25-2011 at 5:09am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Paul,

Just a thought which may work for you. Create a new movie track, copy all the frames of your first movie and copy into the new one then repeat for the other movie tracks. You will end up with a "master movie" that contains all the original movie frames that can loop round and round. This will become your default movie. I tried this with a small 5 image tour and it worked, but it didn't have maps, so not sure how that would work. When I selected the frames from the movies, TW seemed to lock up and not respond for a while, but after a couple of minutes it copied the frames ok, so if you try this allow time for TW to complete the copy and pasting of the frames.

Hope that workaround helps

Willie

Message posted by prb16 on January-25-2011 at 10:35am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Thanks for the reply Willie,

So far I have incorporated all the panos and stills I need for all six tours in to the default SlideShow movie track, then I have created six new tracks and copied and pasted the images from the SlideShow track to build the relevant individual tours which will have their own floor plan(s) or Google map assigned to them (movie 1 to 6). I set movie1 as my default but it only loops through this one not the rest. I'm a bit lost on what to try next to get this to work :-(
That's if it is possible at all!

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by willie on January-25-2011 at 6:16pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

I will have to try this for myself, but I think I would ignore the default track that TW produces. Make a new movie track by copying all the frames from the 6 movie tracks and set this single large movie as your default movie. The method I used to copy the frames was to click on frame 1 (in the object list on the right of the stage) hold shift and click on the last frame. Right click to copy. Select the new "master movie" and click in the (blank) object list. Right click or CTRL V to paste in the frames. When this is done, repeat for the next movie. Eventually you will have a single large movie that you can set as default. The other 6 movie tracks I assume will be linked through an action.

To get a smooth transition from the last image back to the first when the tour loops I copy the first frame of the movie and paste it at the very end. This ensures a nice dissolve between the last and first image.

Message posted by jenny on January-25-2011 at 9:53pm
View jenny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jenny Search   Quote jenny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jenny
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-16-2006
29 Posts
Hi Paul

You can use Play Next Tour option under General Tab in publish settings. For each of the 6 tours, enter the URL of the next tour, and the 6 tours will play in loop.

-------------
Jenny Zhao from Easypano

Message posted by smooth on January-26-2011 at 12:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by jenny on January-25-2011
You can use Play Next Tour option under General Tab in publish settings. For each of the 6 tours, enter the URL of the next tour, and the 6 tours will play play in play in loop.

What is required is the option to play next movie track otherwise you "are" duplicating the skin which is trying to be avoided.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by jenny on January-26-2011 at 3:47am
View jenny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jenny Search   Quote jenny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jenny
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
August-16-2006
29 Posts
Hi Smooth,

Currently Tourweaver does not support "play next movie track", so now we can only build 6 seperate tours and link them together by "play next tour"...This indeed will cause duplicate loading of the skins.

I used to think Paul already built 6 seperate tours, as he said "I would like to link multiple tours using the same skin", instead of 6 movie tracks in one big tour.

-------------
Jenny Zhao from Easypano

Message posted by smooth on January-26-2011 at 8:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I guess it's a case of each movie track requiring it's own map, google map etc but sharing the rest of the skin.

It is a "round about" way of doing things. A simple share skin resources option would be more appropriate I would think.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by prb16 on January-26-2011 at 9:03am
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Thanks all for your input in this post.

I did try what you suggested Willie and that works fine just running through the movie track with all the tours on it, but like Smooth states you can not incorporate elements that are assigned to individual movie tracks.

Jenny, I built 6 tours on 6 movie tracks using the same skin to enable me to output the usual set of Flash files/swf/exe. Perhaps this is a function that can be added in future updates, I'm sure many users would find this useful!

I am just trying to put together a showroom presentation to show off my own work packaged as simply as possible but adding some of the fancy new functions TW6/6.5 offers.

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register