Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: How edit API Code "Google" in TW Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by martiiii on January-28-2011 at 8:47am
View martiiii's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martiiii Search   Quote martiiii Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martiiii
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
January-18-2011
25 Posts
Like in subject. Anyone know how?

Message posted by nerjaace on January-28-2011 at 1:29pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Martii, I have requested this from EP before. There is no reason why you could not use the Google API so we could put markers etc from an external source, xml for example.

I am hoping that this will be a feature soon as with Google Street View.

Message posted by martiiii on January-29-2011 at 7:33am
View martiiii's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by martiiii Search   Quote martiiii Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
martiiii
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
January-18-2011
25 Posts
Oki, thanks for information.

Message posted by madmux on January-29-2011 at 9:48am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi, i'm not sure what do you mean.
In the case you need to change API key - you can do it in TW IDE.
In the case you ask for ability to change the source code which is using google API, then you can't do it as google maps API as well as code which uses it are compiled into flash bytecode.
If You need to use google maps API for custom solutions, then you may do it already. You just need to (guess - that's main obstacle) create your software using flash/flex or Javascript google maps API and include it in your TW project as TW application. Just be aware that only one google maps api can run at the same time.

Best wishes!

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by madmux on January-29-2011 at 10:17am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
I've made a simple example in between (some 15 minutes) to show google maps street view and tour integration. In the example you may try clicking markers in maps and street view modes.
http://www.virtualivizija.lt/demo/scontrol2/

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on January-29-2011 at 11:56am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Madux, You have highlighted a very interesting issue which I am hopeing that EP can crack and get a working solution. I have asked EP to see if they can include Streetview as an option so that we can place Hotspots within Street View and link them to Scenes. A little while ago a company called Mapsicle announced a solution to doing this and made a mashup available. But it simply does not work, in fact it is pretty useless. Sure you can place a marker within street view but it doesnt matter which way you go down any street the marker always follow you, which you will notice happens in your display.

What would be great if you could work your way up street and have a hotspot accurately placed on shops, bars etc that would link to a Pano of the interior etc. So in essence exactly what you can do now in TW6+ on a Google map but doing it in Street View. That would make me a very happy man.

In EP I trust :) Even better Madux if you can tell me you can make a plugin :)

Message posted by madmux on January-29-2011 at 12:50pm
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Is my example working correctly?
Regarding the plugin - it is already there ;)
You just need a javascript application for adding and retrieving marker locations. It seems that google's Flash API doesn't have streetview functionality. That's why we need javascript application.
let's suppose, that we have such the javascript app, then we would create a tour in such a way:
* gather hotspots into some .xml file;
* make initial screen - html google street view mode (for example - as visible xxxxbox, just occupying whole tour area without borders and controls);
* on marker click hide google map (as you are hiding some floatbox) AND switch scene (calling scenecontrol component from javascript as it is done in my example);
* after visiting some place (TW panorama) on TW hotspot click - open google map (as you open floatbox) to walk around using google maps and so on...

I think - this is what you are seeking to do.

It is not very hard to make such the javascript app, but i'm not sure if i'll do it, because in my country there are no street view yet :(

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on January-29-2011 at 1:59pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Yep, that's about the size of it. I started to do my own version of this and doing my own street panos. Using the Google map as a staring point and then each hotspot on a street would take you to an initial street pano. From there I can link/swap to another street using Floatbox which means I can have limitless scenes as they are not contained within the actual tour.

The trouble is basically doing the street scenes, I havnt got a Google Car! And I cannot possibly cover the whole town on foot. So basically why re-invent the wheel when Google has done the job for me. I just need to find a way of adding hotspots/markers to street View and link them to my panos. I reckon that EP has the know how so I am banking on them:)

Message posted by madmux on January-29-2011 at 2:26pm
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Actually there is no other way around yet than i have described above - i mean flash must be used along with fat javascript. I don't know if EP will bother doing this (as it will disrupt their strategy - one project for all publishing modes), but they could make at least google maps hotspot (and their info) export into .xml.
I think, i'll try to make some demo tour to see what can be done (you never know before you try ;)).

-------------

Message posted by tomax on February-01-2011 at 2:26am
View tomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tomax Search   Quote tomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tomax
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-24-2009
120 Posts
Looking further to see your work, Madmux.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register