Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Uploading Tourweaver Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by johnnynumber5 on March-01-2011 at 6:01pm
View johnnynumber5's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnnynumber5 Search   Quote johnnynumber5 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnnynumber5
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2011
3 Posts

This is more of a general web question than it is directly with using the software to build the tour. Anyway, I'm using the 0-360 optic and now am [trying to] creating custom tours than the basic functionality included in the 0-360 unwrapper software. Anyway, I'm having some trouble getting the tour to show up on my web site. Perhaps there is a comprehensive tutorial someone could point me towards. It seems like it should be sort of a basic thing to do but I'm more comfortable behind a camera than a computer.

When I would use the 360 unwrapper software to create my tour the folder it would output simply needed to be added to my website using an ftp client and whatever the name of the folder was would be the name of that specific page for that tour. For example: if I created a new tour named aquamarine then uploaded it using windows explorer the working url would be mydomain.com/aquamarine ... Seems like there is a simple thing I must be missing with tourweaver.

If this isn't the appropriate place to ask such a question then I apologize.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message posted by nerjaace on March-01-2011 at 6:15pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Johnny, welcome to the forum.

When you publish your tour within Tourweaver an output folder appears and contains all the files and folders that you need to ftp. Just make sure that you upload them exactly as they are. You should find that one of the files ending .html will be the webpage that will display your tour.

In the output folder you can click on the html file just to test it is ok.

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-02-2011 at 3:46pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.  I had problems with this when I first started but as Nerjaase says, upload the files exactly as they are.  This means you need to put them directly into your root folder (unless there is a way I don't know about).  Putting them into a folder and then uploading this folder to your ftp 'space' won't work.  If you need to have lots of different tours on a website then click on the 'publish' 'general' and 'share partial resource' to get more than one tour on your site.  I do that for my www.actualeducation.co.uk site and it works well.

Keep asking if you don't understand!  I'm indebted to all the people who helped me.

Yours

Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by madmux on March-02-2011 at 4:23pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hello people!

I'd like to help, but i don't really understand the problem yet. You can put "_flash" directory from your disk to whatever directory you want on your server. It really should work. For example, www.myserver.com/mytour1/
A couple of things might prevent from viewing it properly. The first one which comes to my mind is that Tourweaver doesn't create index.html file and if your server doesn't allow directory listing, then it would say that access is forbidden. In that case you just need to rename your tour.html file into index.html.
There might be a couple of other things, but we could help better if you provide us a link to your tour.

Best wishes,
Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by johnnynumber5 on March-10-2011 at 4:58pm
View johnnynumber5's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnnynumber5 Search   Quote johnnynumber5 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnnynumber5
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2011
3 Posts

"Hi Johnny, welcome to the forum."

Thank you! 

"When you publish your tour within Tourweaver an output folder appears and contains all the files and folders that you need to ftp. Just make sure that you upload them exactly as they are. You should find that one of the files ending .html will be the webpage that will display your tour."

But what is the link that creates? I need each tour to be an individual page because these tours are for Realtors and the MLS rules in our area are very explicit about having no branding and not being able to connect to another property. I just need to host the tour, provide a link and have the consumer click that link and only have access to the tour. How do I name each individual tour if they all go into the same folder?

"In the output folder you can click on the html file just to test it is ok."

But do I need to change the name of that file to have each tour be independent.  

"I had problems with this when I first started but as Nerjaase says, upload the files exactly as they are."

Thank you for that.  

"This means you need to put them directly into your root folder (unless there is a way I don't know about)."

This is where I get confused. You have to understand my 'website" isn't really a website in the traditional sense. It's more of a collection of individual tour pages for real estate agenbts with no real index or link to each other. Each page is its own tour and just needs its own name. I jneed them all to be independent with no way to view other tours per MLS rules.

"Putting them into a folder and then uploading this folder to your ftp 'space' won't work."

That helps a lot. Thats basically what I was trying to do. I was exporting the tour to a folder and then just uploading that folder to my FTP space. Thats basically the process I use with the more basic 0-360 unwrapper and publishing software. I guess its redundant because I'm uploading the same menu files each time. 

"If you need to have lots of different tours on a website then click on the 'publish' 'general' and 'share partial resource' to get more than one tour on your site."

This is what I will try now and see what happens.  

"I'd like to help, but i don't really understand the problem yet. You can put "_flash" directory from your disk to whatever directory you want on your server. It really should work. For example, www.myserver.com/mytour1/"

This is exactly what I want to do. So, I just need to rename the "_flash" folder to whatever and rename tour.html to index.html? Thats for each tour and they'll have their own independent page? If so, thats the solution I'm looking for.

"A couple of things might prevent from viewing it properly. The first one which comes to my mind is that Tourweaver doesn't create index.html file and if your server doesn't allow directory listing, then it would say that access is forbidden. In that case you just need to rename your tour.html file into index.html."

This just emphasizes my lack of understanding in anything on the web side ... even if it is basic stuff.

Just so I am not being confused: rename the "_flash" folder to anything unique (aquamarine in my example) and then within that same folder rename tour.html to index.html ... do this for each individual one and they will all be having their own independent page? Each folder has to have the index.html file name?

You guys have already been great assistance and I'm going to try again now. I'm just getting my feet wet with the software and step 1 after making just a very basic tour is figuring out how to get it to show up on its own. I will report back.

Thanks in advance,

Johnnynumber5

Message posted by johnnynumber5 on March-10-2011 at 6:16pm
johnnynumber5
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-01-2011
3 Posts

Ok I got it all figured out thanks to you guys! Basically, I just needed to create another directory and have the _flash folder go into that directory. For example, it's www.mywebsite.com/mytour/_flash

I am pretty grateful. Now I can continue to play with the actual program and get used to making the tours now that I know exactly how to upload them.

Thanks Again!

Johnnynumber5

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register