Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW6 and fixed video viewer Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-04-2011 at 3:49pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi all,

I thought I posted this the other day but can't find it on the board so apologies if this is duplicated.  What I'm wanting to do is to have a video playing on the skin (not as a pop-up on a scene).  Im wanting this video viewer to change videos for each new panoramic scene.

Is this a possibility or is there a work-around for it?

Thanks in advance

Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by madmux on March-04-2011 at 4:50pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi rfh12002!

That's really an interesting problem to talk about. Once i had a similar problem: my client's requested one background music should have been played *continuously* inside appartment, and another one - outside.
I made quickly non-visual mp3 player (placed on skin), which listens to other apps. Inside actual scenes i placed other non-visual flash apps which works upon entering a scene and does nothing else, just informs mp3 player, kind of "hey, we are at scene 1".
In a similar way videos also would work. But it's not an easy way for a non-programmer.
Btw, i was looking in examples for TW API function, kind of "getCurrentSceneName" to solve problem without putting additional flash apps to scenes, but did not found :( Maybe Easypano could help?

Best wishes,
Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by mskp on March-04-2011 at 5:21pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Forrest!

This works for TW 6.5.
As far as I understood your request, you can create a "Text Area" and place it on the skin where you want to have it. Then under "Properties" and there under "list Values" choose "Scene" as "Source" and then browse the file you want the scene have linked with. In the text area you can place a number of different type of files: txt, flv, gif, bmp, etc.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-04-2011 at 6:15pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

That worked a treat Martin!  Thanks for your help, I'll have a fiddle with your suggestions too Madmux - might work for something I'd like.

I think this has persuaded me to upgrade to 6.5 from 5 pro.  If a future release can have that 'video' scene played when the scene is being viewd in full screen then even better (instead of, or in addition to, the map).

Thanks again!

Forrest

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on March-05-2011 at 7:10am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Forrest,

"If a future release can have that 'video' scene played when the scene is being viewd in full screen then even better (instead of, or in addition to, the map)."

This is already possible in 6 & 6.5. You have an option in the Publish settings to select Full Screen of Scene Viewer or Full Screen of Main Window. Selecting the later you do not lose any of the text boxes etc so you will still see your video.

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-05-2011 at 9:16am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Thanks Nerjaace.

I'm having big problems here.  When I publish under the usual settings for a TW5 tour I get this

If I publish as full screen of main window' I get this

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-05-2011 at 9:18am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

sorry, here are the images

http://www.actualeducation.co.uk/3.jpg - this is what happens when I publis

http://www.actualeducation.co.uk/2.jpg - this is what happens when I try to do the 'full screen as main window' thing.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks

Forrest

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on March-05-2011 at 1:16pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Forrest, at the bottom right had corner of your browser window I see that you have the zoom set to 110%. Adjust that to 100% and try again :)

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-05-2011 at 1:46pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cheers - that solved the 'video off to one side' issue.

Sorry to ask yet another question, how do i get the scene to fill the screen on 'full screen mode' and get the video showing too?

thanks so much

Forrest

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on March-05-2011 at 2:13pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Forrest. I ma not quite clear on what you mean in your last statement.

If you set the Full Screen to Main Window it will simply enlarge every element to Full Screen including Skin.

If you Select Full Screen to Scene Viewer it will only show the Scene viewer and any buttons that are place on it. I guess in this situation you would have to put a text area in a pop up and show the video that way??? You could set an action in the Full Screen Button to open a pop up containing the video/text area at the same time??

Sorry if I am not understanding your request.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register