Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: html5/flash detection tutorial Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vilmer on March-07-2011 at 9:06pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
I noticed that, when using both html5 and flash output, there is no function available to redirect your visitor automagically to the right version. I managed to create something that does just that, click here with your normal browser to see it in flash, or click the same link with you iThing or safari browser to see the html5 version..

What you have to do is in 10 simple steps:

1) **edit**

2) download a file called index.rar from here and extract index.html and modernizr-1.5.min.js inside that rar.

3) create a tour in tourweaver 6.5 and publish it with the flash and html5 options checked.

4) now go to the 'root' of the tour you just created, it should look like this:

5) copy the index.html and modernizr-1.5.min.js files to that location, so it should look like this:

6) now open the index.html file in notepad or some other text editor and change _html5/****.html and _flash/****.html into the corresponding filenames which you will find in the _flash and _html5 folders. Use for the flash version the html file that by default looks like "TourWeaver_blabla.html"

7) publish it to your site, and you're done.

nb, of course it's possible that there will be a new version of modernizr available, in that case you'll have to change the line " <script type="text/javascript" src="modernizr-1.5.min.js">" in the index.html to the right filename.
**edit: don't download a newer version of modernizr**

8) have a beer

9) have another beer

10) why not have another one

Later,
Ronald

**EDIT** Thanks to Martin in the comments I was informed that this script does not detect iPod. I have included an older version of modernizr js in the rar archive which does detect iPod. So if you already downloaded this, redownload it and replace modernizr-1.7.min.js with modernizr-1.5.min.js. Don't forget to change the index file also.***

-------------

Message posted by smooth on March-08-2011 at 12:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Good job Ronald.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by vilmer on March-08-2011 at 2:56am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Tnx Smooth,
do you think it's still okay to dedicate a post about this on that other forum? ;-)

-------------

Message posted by willie on March-08-2011 at 4:24am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts
Thanks for sharing Ronald.
Much appreciated.
Willie

Message posted by smooth on March-08-2011 at 6:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by vilmer on March-08-2011
Tnx Smooth,
do you think it's still okay to dedicate a post about this on that other forum? ;-)

LOL, I would. [:^:]

Some limits need pushing!

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by tomax on March-08-2011 at 1:09pm
View tomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tomax Search   Quote tomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tomax
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-24-2009
120 Posts
Good job, Vilmer. But we need EP to implement a standard for that feature!

Message posted by vilmer on March-08-2011 at 1:39pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
True Tomax, and if I can figure this out than the programmers at Easypano should be able to do it during lunch.
Anyway, if you want to start using this, now you can. It's really super easy.

BTW, can anyone confirm if this html5 thing wotks on an iPod? I got screenshots of both iPhone versions and Ipad, but it seems it doesn't work on iPod..

-------------

Message posted by mskp on March-08-2011 at 3:11pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!

Ive just send the link you posted above to my son and asked him to open it with his IPod.
Sadly I have to confirm that it failed.  [:(] 

Salu2, Martin

Message posted by vilmer on March-08-2011 at 4:38pm
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Hola Martin! Que tal?

Thank you for checking that, maybe your son could check if the direct link plays at iPod?
this one

Salu2
Ronald

-------------

Message posted by madmux on March-09-2011 at 7:10am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
A nice tutorial, Vilmer! I like it, also the last tutorial parts :)

Thanks,
Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register