Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Google Maps API Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mskp on March-10-2011 at 2:25pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!

Where can I get the Google Maps API, to copy in TW 6.5?
I have searched and found a Google site where one has to be registered and it apparently works only for one URL. Is that right?
The lat. long. values from Google Maps or Google Earth right?

Thanks for any help or advice,
Martin [;)]

Message posted by vilmer on March-10-2011 at 3:15pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Hey Martin,
you mean the key for google maps I guess? Get it here it works for one domain, and I remember that it screws up every now and then if your visitor is at the http://www.**** or at http://**** (without the www that is.

Find lat/lon
here try for example to put this text in the search field:
buenos aires, argentina, viamonte 877
The crosshair will be exact at that point, and the coordinates are filled out under the map.

Later,
Ronaldo

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on March-10-2011 at 3:21pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Martin, yes Google API Key will only work for the site that you register i.e you would need to be the webmaster. Of course anyone can view it online.

As TW is created in Flash it is not so easy to apply external API to the map. I am hoping that EP will expand the function within TW so that we can add our own data like markers, polygons etc either directly via GUI or via xml.

What are you trying to achieve?

Are you just after an API key? If so you need to setup a login to Google and obtain the key, its very straight forward. Let me know if that is what you need and I will guide you through it. But have a look at the following link:
Google API Key

Message posted by nerjaace on March-10-2011 at 3:23pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Sorry, Martin I think Vilmer pipped me to the post :)

Message posted by mskp on March-11-2011 at 8:42am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!

Thanks for your replies and links.
So it seems that it works the way I thought it did. I wished it was easier.
So when I want to create a tour with a Google map in it I have to create/get the API "code" with my clients URL? Complicated!

Regards,
Martin

Message posted by vilmer on March-11-2011 at 9:16am
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Or host the tours on your own site, you could actually charge a bit for that ;-). That way it's also easier to update the tours you made if necessarily, like a few months ago when older tours froze while loading after a flash player update.

Later,
Ronald

-------------

Message posted by madmux on March-13-2011 at 2:42pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Actually there's nothing one can do about it. Easypano can't do anything about it as google requires specific API key (for URL). Google needs to use API key if they want to stay in control.

Quote: Originally posted by mskp on March-11-2011

Hi!

Thanks for your replies and links.
So it seems that it works the way I thought it did. I wished it was easier.
So when I want to create a tour with a Google map in it I have to create/get the API "code" with my clients URL? Complicated!

Regards,
Martin

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by lafecto on November-22-2011 at 6:45am
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Hi,

I'm a bit confusion, please help me ...

1. I have my domain, and I do the API Key for my domain.

2. I produce a virtual tour with google maps for a Client

3. I publish  the virtual tour to my domain, and I suppose the google maps will works

4. I give the virtual tour files to my client, to put in clients domain by the companie who runs' the site for him.

So, my question is, in the situation (4) the google maps doesn't work?

Thanks

Regards,

Luis

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by madmux on November-22-2011 at 8:04am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Yes - one API Key is only for one domain.
If you want to run on client's domain - generate API for him. And use it before sending to client.
If you want to have tour on both domains - you must aqcuire both API keys and compile two different tours.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by lafecto on November-22-2011 at 10:07am
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Thanks

However, during my researchs I found Google Maps JavaScript API V3, http://code.google.com/intl/pt-PT/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial.html

and from the reading I understood it's possible have only one Key to multiple domains : "By default a key can be used on any site. We strongly recommend that you restrict use of your key only to domains you administer, to prevent use on unauthorized sites. You can specify which domains are allowed to use your API key by clicking the Edit allowed referers... link for your key"

It's correct, or I misundertsanding?

Regards

Luis

-------------
Regards
Luis

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register