Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Why Safari? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by madmux on March-30-2011 at 6:10pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hello,

I just want to ask EP to remove Safari only restriction for html5 publishing. Other browsers like Chrome, Firefox (didn't test other) support html5 even better than Safari. In my country this browser has a very very little market share.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by smooth on March-31-2011 at 1:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Why Safari? Because it's Apple!

Neither Chrome or Firefox support the HTML5 WebGL flavour of Safari.

Nor did either of these browsers support the HTML5 flavour when the last release of Tourweaver was offered and still don't.

Any release too date has been about iDevice support. Safari working on a PC/Mac was just a side effect to this.

When there is a HTML5 "standard" which is still a long way off. All browsers will be supported.

At the moment stick with Flash for proper computer display.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by madmux on March-31-2011 at 4:41am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
But the things changed.
And Firefox kind of support webgl and even more features than Safari (http://www.html5test.com/) (also Chrome). And their webgl demos run just fine.
By using html5 mode i was thinking about the users who have performance issues (linux users, users with older computers). To provide a link to alternative html5 version.
Otoh, you might be right. It is still to early for that.

Madmux

Message posted by smooth on March-31-2011 at 5:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

My tours from Tourweaver, Panoweaver and Pano2VR all fail with Chrome and Firefox. It is still way too early in the development and platform of HTML5 as there is no official standards.

I have been using WebGL with Mozilla Mindfield since before Safari WebGL but the two are not the same (yet!) if ever?

If you know different I would like to see it.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by madmux on April-01-2011 at 3:49am
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Yes, it seems that browsers are back in wild times when technology couldn't wait for standards and everything was implemented differently.
When i open Mozilla Webgl demos with Safari (https://demos.mozilla.org/en-US/ - check it out, there are wounderful things created with webgl), it says: your browser does not support WebGL. To view any of the demos tagged with WebGL, please install an up-to-date web browser (Firefox 4 or Chrome 9) and up to date video card drivers. :-)
Btw, i've tricked easypano Safari detection to see if firefox4 displays easypano html5 panoramas and... it doesn't (displays something, but that's not panorama).

So much for now - we'll have to wait for the better times.

Madmux

Message posted by smooth on April-01-2011 at 10:15am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have done some WebGL panoramas long before the release of any of the so called HTML5 compilers were released. This was done using Mindfield browser when I was doing nightly build updates. Using Professor Dersch Panotools PTViewerNG 

I don't remember if I still have these online, but I will take a look and see if I can find the files. At that time you had to enable certain WebGL browser features. It was very much the BETA to FF4 release.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by DantE on April-09-2011 at 3:29am
View DantE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DantE Search   Quote DantE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DantE
Standard Member
Standard Member
Macedonia
January-30-2011
39 Posts
why safari ????? hmmm...for me safari is the best browser. it is fast and stable.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register