Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Is this a Tourweaver tour? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on April-13-2011 at 7:24am
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hello everyone.

How are you?

I haven't been around since the days of TW 1.3 and early TW2.0 days so it have been a while. Please bare with me :)

I am not aware of all of the updates in Tourweaver, but I am hoping some of you might be able to help me.

I am about to make an offer to improve an excisting tour. For this tour I am considering comming back to TW :) But I would like to know if the excisting tour is also done with TW?

Can someone take a look at this link: http://www.lalandia.dk/da/aquadome/pages/aquadome.aspx

In the lower right corner there is a box with a small map and the text "Virtuel Rundtur i Lalandia Rdby"

It is all in Danish, but you should be able to navigate through the different tour elements.

Can any of you identify this tour as a TW tour? Or perhaps tell me if it is possible to make something similar?

Regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by smooth on April-13-2011 at 9:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It's not Tourweaver Morten.

I hope you don't think that is a good tour in anyway? It has it's points of interest but falls well short in my opinion. Maybe because I can't read it?

Should you like elements of it, please state them and I will tell you if it is possible with TW.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by nerjaace on April-13-2011 at 11:54am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Morten, I do not see anything that TW cannot achieve and indeed improve on. It is not really a Virtual tour IMO so this would be enhanced using panos. The inclusion of maps, video etc are no problem for TW.

Message posted by smooth on April-13-2011 at 12:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I see plenty of maps and panoramas!

But the panoramas are flat scrollers. It reminds me a bit of vrbochure that the Australian company once did 360dof. Though their websites are all dead now. It was a horrid program.

Displaying an unleveled Equirectangular image flat is the worst possible projection that could have been chosen.

Anyway Tourweaver 6.5 will do all this and more. The only thing I noticed that Tourweaver doesn't have is "this" style of transition between map views. But there are many others to choose from.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by WideEyes on April-13-2011 at 4:19pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi guys

Thank you for your quick answers.

The reason I am asking is that I am preparing a sales meeting with the vacation resort as I have suggested a better version of the tour. I would therefore be nice to be able to gather as much information about their current solution prior to our meeting and if I could pinpoint which software was used I might have more arguments ready.

I like some of the features, but I also don't see anything that can't be reproduced more effeciently. I am just not aware of all the features in TW 6.5 as I haven't been around the last couple of years where I have gone in an other direction with my tours.....

Once again thanks :)

Regards

Morten 

Message posted by smooth on April-14-2011 at 2:12am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Be assured Morten,

Tourweaver has progressed a lot since 2.0

You should look at the samples, tours within the forum gallery and read about the new features. You also can download and test TW6.5 without fear of overwriting your previous versions.

Doing is the best way to learn about the new offerings. When you get stuck or need help and advice you simply need to ask and we'll do our best to help you out.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by WideEyes on April-14-2011 at 3:44pm
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi Smooth

I will :)

My main concerns at the moment is:

1) Loading time.
Compared to what I am using to build tours now the loading time is loooooonnng... not good for the basic user experience. If the customer finds this important or not - I don't know, but it annoys me

2) Bugs
I remember that bugs were a big problem in the 1.3 and 2.0 versions. And seeing that many of the topics in the forum is still related to bugs - I feel a bit worried. Maybe you or someone else can share your opinion about this?

3) The viewer is not as good as compared to other tour creating software.

Thanks for answering - the forum is definately a big plus.

Regards

Morten

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register