Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: HTML5 - hit and miss. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by GerryP on May-23-2011 at 3:48am
View GerryP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GerryP Search   Visit GerryP's Homepage www   Quote GerryP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GerryP
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
March-30-2010
18 Posts

I appreciate that this topic has probably been done ad nauseum, but I cannot find a solution. 

I recently upgraded to TW6.5 Pro, for the promise of HTML5, but its at the moment a hit and miss affaire.  I have done a tour, exported to HTML5, and it works.  Go back, add some scenes to it, tweak it, make it pretty, and export only to find that it does not work.

Im at a loss, because I cannot isolate what the problem is.  I need to deliver to client, they have seen the test work on their iPads, they love it, they want more, and I cannot deliver.  Is there anywhere a checklist of things to do regarding HTML5?  Ive been through this website a hundred times, but cannot seem to find anything.

Thanks

Gerry

-------------
Nikon D300 | Sigma 8 | Manfrotto N300 rotator | Photoshop CS4 | Beer | Studio 2010 Pro

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2011 at 6:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is likely you have added a component that is only suitable for Flash tours, breaking the HTML5 version.

Please see the HELP (F1) file and read the chapter on

HTML5 Format Tour

There you will find the limitations.

Basically, anything outside of Hotspots that link to other Scenes, Thumbnails, Map or Google Map will break the HTML5 version.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by GerryP on May-23-2011 at 8:24am
View GerryP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GerryP Search   Visit GerryP's Homepage www   Quote GerryP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GerryP
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
March-30-2010
18 Posts

Thanks Smoothie!

I honestlly don;t see anyhting obvious in that list, but lemme try a few things. 

-------------
Nikon D300 | Sigma 8 | Manfrotto N300 rotator | Photoshop CS4 | Beer | Studio 2010 Pro

Message posted by GerryP on May-23-2011 at 9:03am
GerryP
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
March-30-2010
18 Posts

Curioser and curioser, said Alice...

I buit a brand new, virtually empty tour - two scenes hot-spot linkng to each other - NOTHING else.  As basic as a tour can be and still be a tour - even did the reccommended  size settngs, and turned immages ot cubic.

Nada.

When I try top open in IE (as opposed to safari) I get javascript errors.  "invalid characters".  So, I wonder what is going on here.  Time to troll the forums again!

-------------

Message posted by smooth on May-23-2011 at 9:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have just run a quick test and all works fine with my published files via my iPhone.

So I pose these questions:

Are you using characters other than a-z, A_Z, 0-9 (no_spaces-brackets_or-parentheses)?

What version build of Tourweaver are you using?

What iDevice are you trying to view the tour with?

Does the HTML5 work if viewed with Safari browser on a PC or Mac?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by GerryP on May-23-2011 at 6:34pm
GerryP
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
March-30-2010
18 Posts

I answer thee forthwith:

Are you using characters other than a-z, A_Z, 0-9 (no_spaces-brackets_or-parentheses)?

Nay sir, plain english no spaces.  checked that one!

What version build of Tourweaver are you using?

What iDevice are you trying to view the tour with?

iPad 2

Does the HTML5 work if viewed with Safari browser on a PC or Mac?

Nope, Safari remains blank, IE gives me javascript errors.  I have tested other panos (on the easypano gallery) on IE ("safari only" message) and safari - works fine.  My own files do not. 

Hence me wondering why my javascript folder is empty...

-------------

Message posted by GerryP on May-23-2011 at 7:05pm
GerryP
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
March-30-2010
18 Posts

Smooth - just checked something out:  the two panos I published that worked, had the following files:

config_xxx.bin - in root

json.js

load.js

tw-min.js - in javascripts folder.

All my latest panos - big small, sauto, html5, flash, you name it - these files are misssing when published.  I flciked every switch and played with every setting I could find - no luck. 

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register