Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Problems with Thumbnails and Hints Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by aspriter on May-30-2011 at 1:17pm
View aspriter's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by aspriter Search   Quote aspriter Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
aspriter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Hi all,
i have some very strange problems with both versions - 6 and 6.5.
In 6.5 i only get exactly 10 thumbnails in the thumbnail selector (both; normal or flash selector - dosn't matter).
In 6.0 the thumbnails work fine but i get NO tooltips (hints) in the map viewer if i place hotspots inside the scenes itself.
I set the map-hints to the hotspots, to the radar and to both - nothing helps! If i remove the scene hotspots, the hints in the map(hotspots) appear correctly again???!
In 6.5 the hints work fine - but the tumbs...
I despair. This wastes hours of time...
Does anybody have similar problems and maybe a solution or at least a workaround?
Whats about a bug-free version 7 of Tourweaver? :)
Nice regards
/Ralf

Message posted by leescott on May-30-2011 at 4:22pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
have a look at this forum
From Scott (dimmer182)
The new version writes the lastthumbnail_xxxxx.zip file in all lower case so if your file name has uppercase rename lastthumbnail_xxXXxx.zip to match the resource and images zip and then the problem will be fixed. Took me a while to figure it out but computer folder structures ignore caps while web servers do not. Hope this helps

scott

Click here for Thumbnails missing

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by aspriter on May-30-2011 at 4:50pm
View aspriter's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by aspriter Search   Quote aspriter Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
aspriter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
February-25-2011
16 Posts
thanks for this scott - but i saw this thread already and have this problems on my local windows system while developing the tour.
the lastthumbnail_xxx.zip ist completely lowercase but this should dosn't matter on my windows...
regards /Ralf

Message posted by leescott on May-30-2011 at 6:10pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

aspriter

Sorry you're having the problem..
Have you seen this thread Newer Post May 2011 3 pages read all
If not then you may need to seen files to EP for help
what is the latest version of TW? mine is 6.50.110519
What type of PC? Processor, Ram,
Can you post a sample version for people to see

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----

Message posted by aspriter on May-31-2011 at 3:35am
aspriter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
February-25-2011
16 Posts
ok, yes mine is 6.50.110519, too - and no newer version in sight :( (and i'm using the 6.00.101203 version, too)
compared to the other thread i already have the problem on my lokal system (a really "normal" core2duo, 4GB, win7 system) and not only on a server. You can see a demo of one of the tours at
http://projekte.asprit.de/MR-Tour_schloss
(click the image to start the tour; inside the tour you'll find the thumbs clicking the above bar named "Vorschaubilder").
You can view the tour with an iPad or so - but the HTML5 version has the same thumbnail problem (yes - in one test version i've renamed the scenes names without spaces and umlauts - with no effect...)
I've read the other thread again but sorry - can't see any solution?? But what Member Hoosier3D and Tempestlight say are exactly my thoughts...
regards...

Message posted by willie on May-31-2011 at 12:03pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

I have already contacted EP about this issue and didn't get a satisfactory solution. I have tried out various publishing options and found that if you select the "Share partial resource (player)" option in the General tab of Publish Settings, then TW will only display up to 10 thumbnails, so by setting the Output Files Organization option to "In separate file folders" and all thumbnails will show.

Hope this helps till this bug is fixed.

Willie

Message posted by leescott on May-31-2011 at 12:49pm
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Willie - Thanks sisnce I don't use the "Shared resource" I wasn't seeing it

Aspriter - Hope that helps for naow, By the way nice tour and nice map as well

-------------
----

Message posted by aspriter on May-31-2011 at 12:53pm
aspriter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
February-25-2011
16 Posts
hey willie,
GREAT! - thanks a lot for this! first re-compiling of one tour for testing works completely fine! Will do more tomorrow and the next days with other tours and HTML5, too - but this looks good and i see no disadvatages at the moment using this option...
Cheers
/Ralf

Message posted by willie on June-01-2011 at 9:47am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts
You're welcome. Glad to have been of assistance!

Message posted by aspriter on June-01-2011 at 4:44pm
aspriter
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
February-25-2011
16 Posts
hi,
ok - have recompiled several tours today and all flash versions work fine.
Only the HTML5 tours have the "10-thumb-bug" anymore.
But i think this feature is still work in progress and i can communicate this to our customers...
LinkURL Buttons don't work in HTML5, too.
Still hoping for a bug- free version 7 ...
Greets
/Ralf

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register