Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: True Standalone .exe? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by fernolo on June-18-2011 at 12:03pm
View fernolo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fernolo Search   Quote fernolo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fernolo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cuba
January-15-2010
37 Posts

Hello!,

TW can publish too as .exe.

I hope a .exe standalone that run an any PC under Windows OS.

But in PC without Flash Player instaled get the alert:

"To view tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is need. Please download the latest version of Flash player and install it on your computer"

How to make a true Standalone .exe?

Thanks!!

Message posted by madmux on June-19-2011 at 3:23pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi there!

Actually the .exe file that is generated is kind of a wrapper for flash panorama viewer. So - you have to install flash player if you want to view it.
You might create an installer which installs flash player and yout .exe panorama. But i don't know if it is worth to do that, because .exe is usefull mostly for the preview purposes (panorama to send to your clients for previewing), rarely for publishing.
In short - Tourweaver can not create .exe file which could work without installed flash player on the system.

Best wishes,
Madmux

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by fernolo on June-20-2011 at 10:08am
View fernolo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fernolo Search   Quote fernolo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fernolo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cuba
January-15-2010
37 Posts

Hello,

Thanks Madmux,

My .EXE file was necesary for the following:

1) When starts my project (.exe) if  I press CTR+F (fullscreen) the initial movie continue, no stop as .SWF file.

2) To avoid the FlashPlayer Menu that isn't important for the user.

Then I need:

- Start in fullscreen the .SWF file

- No flashplayer Menu as (File, View, Control, Help)

- Any standalone file that runs the Panorama (.SWF) for example a Flash Projector (by the way is it disable in flashplayer Menu).

My target is the CD / DVD, no WEB.

Thanks,

Fernando.

Message posted by madmux on June-20-2011 at 11:04am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Maybe we are not far from some solution.
By having Flash player installed on your system i meant that Flash player 10 (or greater) must be installed on the system. It actually installs some invisible things like flash virtual machine which is necessary to run that .exe. You don't have to launch the flashplayer application. No menus will show up when you will run exe. And that will be standalone .exe which will run on a lot of computers with flashplayer installed. Include into CD contents flashplayer installation file and readme for treubleshooting.

Shortly:
* Flash player as such has to be installed anyway - you may include installs in CD/DVD;
* TW generated .exe file will not have menus and it will be actually standalone file;

Best wishes,
Madmux

-------------

Message posted by fernolo on June-20-2011 at 12:52pm
fernolo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cuba
January-15-2010
37 Posts

Thanks Madmux,

1) For me is OK the TW generated .exe

2) No problem for include the Flash Player in CD/DVD

but

Which FlashPlayer?

(I installed the "install_flash_player_10_active_x" in other PC and don't work the TW .exe)

The Adobe link isn't enable for my country.

Please if you have any FlashPlayer that it solve the problem, please send me my personal mail (fernolo@gmail.com) (of course only if that FlashPlayer is free)

Thanks!

Fernando

Message posted by madmux on June-20-2011 at 1:13pm
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Strange...
Can you access this location?
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Actually, it depends on your operation system and browser which version of flash player should be installed. So - it is better to use the link.
You may try this one:
www.arzinai.lt/xchange/
Also there are some indications that uninstalling older flash version helps sometimes.

Madmux

-------------

Message posted by smooth on June-20-2011 at 2:58pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You want Flash Player "Standalone"

See official Adobe webpage http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

You want the last download in the list for your operating system. I.E: the Windows version is listed as Download the Windows Flash Player 10.3 Projector (EXE, 5.51MB)

Now, Flash Standalone doesn't install, you must place a copy in a directory that will not be deleted. I personally place a copy in my Program Files>Adobe (folder).

You "can" make Flash Standalone the "default" Flash player by Right Clicking on a .swf file and choosing

Properties>Opens With: (Change)>Browse to the location of Flash Standalone (I.E: Within Program Files>Adobe) and selecting the Flash.exe file>Click OK>Apply/OK.

ActiveX versions are "browser" plug-ins. The browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari etc) shouldn't be your default Flash player. That's like having all your image formats default opening with a browser! It's hardly to the best way to preview your .jpg's and the same with .swf

All that said, the .exe file is just that, a fully functioning executable file. You should NOT need any form of Flash installed. The Flash player should extract to a temporary directory so you can display the Flash content.

Just like building a "Projector" file using Flash Standalone. Where you take a self contained .swf file (Tourweaver can produce these) and you open it with Flash Standalone and then go to File>Create Projector

This makes a copy of the .swf file and combines it with the Flash Player to make an self contained .exe file. 

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by fernolo on June-21-2011 at 9:55am
fernolo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cuba
January-15-2010
37 Posts

Thanks Madmux & Smooth!

Smoth, you said:

"...and you open it with Flash Standalone and then go to File>Create Projector..."

But my FlashPlayer isnt enable the option "Create projector"

My solution is that you send me a Flashplayer with this option enable. Please if you can, test first with any .SWF to check that option is really enable with any .SWF Tourweaver generated.

My mail is fernolo@gmail.com I tried the link www.arzinai.lt/xchange/ (Madmux sugestion) but no work the "Create projector" It is gray: disable.

Thanks!!

Fernando.

Message posted by smooth on June-21-2011 at 10:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Easypano must have changed the permissions within the .swf files output by Tourweaver as the "Create Projector" option in Flash Standalone is Grayed out as you mentioned. (This is NOT the case with most .swf files). So this leaves you with Tourweaver .exe output option which "should" run without any requirement for Flash being installed either ActiveX or Standalone. That is the sole purpose of creating the .exe file, though I wouldn't recommend this run from a CD. It should be moved to a local drive first.

Of course all files must be installed on the computer for viewing, but with the .exe version it should extract these files required to a temporary folder.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by fernolo on June-22-2011 at 9:24am
fernolo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cuba
January-15-2010
37 Posts

Thanks Smooth,

Yes, the most .SWF allow creating Projector with my FlashPlayer installed. The TW SWF is protected to make as Projector. Too bad.

Fernando.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register