Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Removing tripod automatically Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on June-27-2011 at 3:54am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Nice to offer upgrades, thanks for that.

What I really need is a way to remove the tripod using a picture of the nadir without the tripod !

I don't like the tool currently available in PW, which artificially, try to reconstruct a nadir.  This does never give a correct result, which makes it, for me, simply useless.

Using a picture taken without the tripod is far better, but imposes the usage of other products.

PW needs to add a "mask" feature, which would be of a great help to remove :

• tripod
  • undesired part of pictures (walking persons, ...).

Best regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by smooth on June-27-2011 at 4:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply take a photograph of the area where the tripod/panohead was positioned. This is called an offset nadir shot. It can be shot hand-held or by tilting the tripod. I find Panoweaver stitches these into place quite well. Getting the angle right can take a little practice and it is not always a success. That said, result are typically good. Panoweaver biggest problem is that it has no way of leveling the scene. But you are right, moving objects do require a masking feature to aid in it's use. The blenders, either PWBlend or Smartblend only get you so far.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on June-27-2011 at 5:04am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Smooth,

I alreaedy tried this, but didn't succeed in !

I used an alternative tool to do that ...

I'll have a new try !

Best regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register