Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Noob Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by michaelt.smith on July-06-2011 at 11:06am
View michaelt.smith's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by michaelt.smith Search   Quote michaelt.smith Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
michaelt.smith
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2011
2 Posts
I am just starting to experiment with panos. Unfortunately I am on a deadline though. If I want to do a 360 spherical image left right up down, what program do I use to stitch the images together? Are there any options other than panoweaver? I tried with photoshop and after about 2 hours it popped out an image that did not view correctly in Tourweaver.

Message posted by pixelator on July-06-2011 at 11:21am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

If your just starting to experiment, what's with the deadline?

What lens, camera setup did you shoot with?  I can and will recommend Panoweaver for stitching.  PTGui is another stitcher that is widely used in the pano community.

Message posted by michaelt.smith on July-06-2011 at 3:13pm
View michaelt.smith's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by michaelt.smith Search   Quote michaelt.smith Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
michaelt.smith
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2011
2 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by pixelator on July-06-2011

If your just starting to experiment, what's with the deadline?

What lens, camera setup did you shoot with? I can and will recommend Panoweaver for stitching. PTGui is another stitcher that is widely used in the pano community.

I have a friend who is listing a house and asked me to help him. He has a VT page on his site and is waiting on the images.

I shot the house with a D200, 18mm 2.8D.   

Message posted by Ipano on July-07-2011 at 7:05pm
View Ipano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Ipano Search   Visit Ipano's Homepage www   Quote Ipano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Ipano
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
July-06-2011
10 Posts
Must admit that I have no experience with you set up as I and most here will tend to use a fish eye eg. Sigma 8mm. Here's a shortend version of my workflow.

Canon 40D, Sigma 8mm, Manfrotto Panohead and microleveler, PS5, noise ninja, PW5 + TW 6.5

With fisheye mounted on a DSLR I'll generate 4 (every 90 I take 3 shots: neutral, +1 & -1 EV to later edit in PS for HDR output) x 140 x !80.

I'll open all 12 RAW images in PS and adjust for white balance across the set, publish as tif, blend for high-/lowlights, stich the 3600px x 2800 px in PW (easy as it gets) export the 6000x3000 tif or bmp to PS, clean, tidy, relight, potter about, and mess around some more until I have my base image.

I then like to run noise ninja, a noise suppressant tool over the base image and save as tif. I'll tend to step this master image down to 5000 and then 4000 pixel applying 45 % unsharp mask each step and save the jpg for a 1-2MB filesize.

This image size seems to work well as a compromise between quality and data size and'll display well in "most" sizes.

As said, I've never used a wide angel lens. I do believe that Panoweaver can cope with that. You can download a free trial and just import what you have to get an idea if it worked.

Make sure to take your shots in RAW and use equal time and depth of field eg. F11 for my Sigma. This'll save you all kind of issues with white balance as you'll adjust for that equally for all of the shots of a given "room".

PW will also enable you to publish individual pano which you could easily tie together if you can do some Html. Otherwise tools like Tourweaver will allow you to import you photos, panos, videos etc. to create a dynamic and interactive environment.

;-)

-------------
Ipano - the social people

Message posted by pixelator on July-07-2011 at 7:58pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by michaelt.smith on July-06-2011
I have a friend who is listing a house and asked me to help him. He has a VT page on his site and is waiting on the images.

I shot the house with a D200, 18mm 2.8D.

I am unfamiliar with this setup. I would guess that using the Wide Angle option in Panoweaver and shooting 6 + Top + Bottom would work. Don't hold me to that, it's an uneducated guess. I use the Sigma fisheye and stitch the 4 drums.
I will make this recommendation and take it for what it's worth, exclude top and bottom for real estate. If I would ever shoot another property for a realtor, I would limit the FOV to exclude the top and bottom. It's simply not worth it ; )
You can download the trial versions and run them through the paces to see what best suites your needs.   

Quote: Originally posted by Ipano on July-07-2011

With fisheye mounted on a DSLR I'll generate 4 (every 90 I take 3 shots: neutral, +1 & -1 EV to later edit in PS for HDR output) x 140 x !80.

I'm shooting with the same exact setup but just added a new piece to the arsenal from Smooths recommendation.

Promote Control is a must have for bracketing

8 stops at 1EV for 32 RAW files to go around. I'm merging those 8 files into one with Photomatix. Tonal range is crazy!

Message posted by leescott on July-08-2011 at 8:10am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Mike
If you could make the images available so that one of us can look at them then we could give more input
what type of lense is it?
How was the pictures taken (hand held/ tripod)
How many Pictures?

We can help but need more info
I also shoot with the D300 and the Nikkor 18-24mm wide angle lense ad yes PanoWeaver can handle WideAngle pics as well as PTGui

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register