Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Loading times Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Ipano on July-29-2011 at 7:03am
View Ipano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Ipano Search   Visit Ipano's Homepage www   Quote Ipano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Ipano
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
July-06-2011
10 Posts
hi guys,

I developed a Hotel tour together with Phoenixrising who's now on holiday and received a call from the firm asking about loading times. The tour has about 20 panos 1-2MB in size and loads of pop-ups 3-600kb. The client was wandering if we can reduce loading time for people with poor connectivity. The inital tour window size is 900x600 and panos 4000x2000 with smaller panos set at 80% original size. The tour we made requires DSL.
In the past we were able to produce the tours in java and with a 400x300 display window have very sharp images weighing in at 150-250 kb. Any suggestions to improve loading time would be appreciatted and also some info on how Easypano loads tours anyway. Is there a progressive, behind the scenes loading or does EP load each image individually on request?

You're help much appreciatted

-------------
Ipano - the social people

Message posted by madmux on July-29-2011 at 12:12pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Regarding optimizations - maybe other knowledgable posters will tell.
Regarding progressive loading - yes tour loads panoramic pictures "behind the scenes". Also - browser caches it. So - you have to wait longer only the first time you open panoramic tour. How your tour works regarding loading various resources you may investigate with firebug (for firefox) in Net section.
Personaly i do not optimize for poor connectivity (poor, not smooth, performance - is something that wories me more). In my opinion - it's not worth it for various reasons. Usually i try to convince the client that clients with poor connectivity usually does not belong to target audience. And it's really the case in our country. But that's just me - could be different situation for you.

Best wishes,
Madmux

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register