Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: tours on mobile device Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mhc1 on September-09-2011 at 10:31pm
View mhc1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mhc1 Search   Visit mhc1's Homepage www   Quote mhc1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mhc1
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
September-24-2007
62 Posts
I now got the chance to check a couple of mobile device of tours made with Tourweaver.
Testing page:
http://www.netzserver2.de/vtours/weigel/

Results:
iDevice: OK, iphone has much too small controls but basicly works. iPad much better.

Android 2.2 on my HTC phone
No way !!! nothing to display

Android 2.3 on Galaxy Phone:
Starts the HTML5 version and "crashes" with display the single cubes

Android 3.1 (Acer Iconia)
Nothing is displayed - blank screen

All tests where done in a showromm in Panama- so it may bee that there was/is a limitation I dont know.
But I expected much more to be displayed at all.
At least Android 3.x should display the panos as Flash-versions.

Why the Galaxy is identified as a HTML5 device I dont know- that truely is wrong to.

Sibce I want to buy a tablet for myself (the iPad belongs to my wife) and I hate the Aplle restrictions- I want to get an Android tablet.
But for now Im totally shocked that no one displaye my tours properly.

Even my Pano2VR- panos didnt display.

Did I miss something ?????

Ciao
Mike

-------------
ciao

mike
360de.de

Message posted by leescott on September-10-2011 at 7:40am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Wow the tour plays on my Samsung Infuse ver 2.2.1 FROYO.UCK3 and in Flash!!!

So frustrating mine doesn't even compiled with the latest ver of TW Arrrgh!!!!![:x][:errr:]

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on September-10-2011 at 9:52am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mike,

What browser are you using on the Galaxy that is defaulting to .html5? Firefox doesn't support Flash with Android as yet, only HTML5

My tests show Flash working fine with the Galaxy S II with Android 2.4 and Flash 10.3

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Message posted by leescott on September-10-2011 at 10:42am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Mike, what ver of TW was this tour produced in? It plays fine on my Samsung, but my tours won't play on it... very interesting.

Only difference in your code is this line

so.addVariable("swfFile", "resources/weigel_tw6_final_13.swf");

What does this do?

Thanks Lee

latest TW

http://www.integritytours.com/tours/kb/1865blk/flash/TourWeaver_PineRidge_Black_0601.html

Prev version

http://www.integritytours.com/tours/kb/pineridge/flash/index.html

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----

Message posted by mhc1 on September-10-2011 at 3:32pm
View mhc1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mhc1 Search   Visit mhc1's Homepage www   Quote mhc1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mhc1
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
September-24-2007
62 Posts
Thank you all for testing & help,
I have no access nor more ro the devices, they where in a showroom in Panama-City and I used a time-gap to see if my pages are displayed correctly.

smooth:
bowser: i used the integrated browser and it looks like the TW-System detected it as as HTML5 device, but didnt show the pano

lee:
i used the TW 6.5 V 6.50.110519
just downloaded the latest version but didnt install it by now.
if it has more bugs than fixes (in this case) - let me know, i can get away with the older version without any pbroblem.
the mentioned line was put into the code by TW- i have no influence in that. it sets the variable to the swf- file as i see.
does the newer version have a problem with that ??

im on my way to get an android for myself- asus transformer i guess. that should be able to display correctly and also the flash in my gallery i hoe (360de.de).
maybe even java could be installed on that device.

ciao
mike

-------------
ciao

mike
360de.de

Message posted by Guest on September-18-2011 at 11:39pm
View Guest's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Guest Search   Quote Guest Quote  
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-23-2002
-12 Posts

Dear mhc1

We are sorry that tw does not support Android currently but we will support it in the future.

Thank for your helpful test and suggestion.

Cheer

Message posted by mhc1 on September-20-2011 at 4:13pm
mhc1
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
September-24-2007
62 Posts
That is at least something i can live with at the moment - hope that itll be updated asap.
Android has a remarkable amount in the German market and is about to grow fast.
Tablets are about to have iOS or Android only in the near future.
Thats why I would wish to have my images running on Andoid devices.

smooth & leescott:
which combination are you running (browser etc) ?
ill visit another showroom tomorrow - hope i can get access to my tours there, since a usb-stick wont do.
Ciao
Mike

-------------
ciao

mike
360de.de

Message posted by tdmerch on September-20-2011 at 4:27pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hello all... I've been messing around some designing a mini virtual tour that plays on my Android Incredible which runs Flash and have had some success.  The challenge is to design the tour images small enough for the phone to handle.  I only show people this as an example and have not sold any of these mobile device tours as yet, but this will be big eventually.

The hot buttons and arrows work fine but panning and tilting the scene with a finger on the screen is very touchy so you have to move the scene very very slowly because of the lagging response.  If the scene rotation go out of control, I advance it to the next scene.  I did not include a map, just the 360s.  Although my phones screen size is 480X800 I made the tour window size 400X200 which is quite low but the images don't look too bad.  When a non-judgemental person looks at the tour, they are quite please with the quality.  At this point, when the tour opens, I resize the tour to fit the window size of the phone.

Here is a link to the mini tour. Check it out: http://www.go360media.com/stjohnsmini

You can compare this mini tour to the origional.  There is a bit of a difference in quality so I wouldn't open this one on my phone unless I had a lot of time to waist watching it load: http://www.go360media.com/saintjohnsabbey

Enjoy! Tom

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by leescott on September-20-2011 at 4:58pm
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Tom very nice. What ver of TW are you using? And most importantly can you view my tours above on your Android?

What is the os on your device mine is a Samsung Infuse ver 2.2.1

BTW nice tour I see what you mean by having to resize the tour maybe some has code to resize to the screen size.

-------------
----

Message posted by Guest on September-20-2011 at 8:58pm
View Guest's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Guest Search   Quote Guest Quote  
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-23-2002
-12 Posts

Hi Tom

Both of your mini tour and big tours are very impressive and beautiful ! Great job !

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register