Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tour stuck - PLEASE HELP!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Charlie on September-25-2011 at 9:25pm
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

I need some help with this please.  I have worked extremely hard on these tours and once published is when I run into the problem.  To see the problem, please...

- go to www.caylex.ca
- click on "current tours"
- click on the middle box (The Scarlet)
- click on "Tour" (bottom left of box)

wait for it.... wait for it... wait for it...

The tour gets stuck on the 2nd photo (Foyer) - if you wait long enough, it eventually continues as it's supposed to.  If you exit out of the tour, and restart it, it goes along as it should have the 1st time.

Please note:

- I have already resized the photos and the panos for this tour - the still shots are in the "kb's" range and the panos are around the 2mb range.  I have already played around with the movie track and positioned everthing as I want it to be, with 5 seconds for still shots and 2-3 seconds transition.  The panos also have the transition at 2-3 seconds and a reasonable time for viewing the full pano. 

- if you exit out of this tour and have a look at the other 2 boxes on the "current tours" page (top left and bottom right) - these are both also frozen, although they are both stuck on the front view photos (same house, but two different tours).  I did not change the sizes of the panoramas in these two tours, as I figured this must not be the problem if the middle tour is doing the same thing after changing the sizes.

My website is hosted out of my home - don't know if this makes a difference or not, but all of these tours worked in the previews without any difficulties.  And have worked on 3 different computers in my home.  They do not work on 3 separate friend's of mine - on their computers.  They freeze up as I've described above. 

I don't believe I have any spaces in the file names - I was very careful to use underscores where necessary.  I publish, type: Flash VR - on the general tab the first 3 boxes are checked off and the full screen of Main window is checked.  I have the correct copy of the slideshow that I wish to use (only made one new copy of the slideshow for each of the tours and all of them use that slideshow, rather than the original default slideshow - yes the new slideshow was change to default) - autoplay is checked - background music file is checked to loop - in separate file folders is checked and it's the default publish page - I've changed the popup filname prefix to Caylex and the scene folder name remains scene.  I have changed nothing on the Flash VR tab.  I use Dreamweaver to upload to my site.

Please... please... please... tell me where I'm going wrong.  I have searched the forum and knowledge base to find an answer that I can use and have had no luck the the searches I've performed.

Please also note... I am not a computer genious - not even close - if you would be so kind as to speak in VERY plain english with VERY detailed (but clear) instructions - I would be VERY grateful.  Thanks for any help you can offer.  Oh yes... and I'm new to this forum and to Tourweaver actually.

Tourweaver 6.5 professional version 6.50.110817 - just saw somewhere that I should include this info.

Message posted by smooth on September-26-2011 at 6:28am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Charlie,

I have just viewed your tour in Australia.

The download time is awfully slow and this is your server issue. The loader took two minutes to finally display the first slide and skin. The audio would cough and splutter for the next 5 minutes until loaded and then the 2mb first panorama would load over the next 2 minutes all while the second slide is being displayed.

Mate, the answer is - get a faster server!

Hosting is cheap - buy some space on a fast server. 

Deleting the audio from the tour and testing again with your friends should prove faster display times.

Oh and the reason it's faster and works as expected after a re-load is because the files are already downloaded into the viewing computers cache memory.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on September-26-2011 at 9:11am
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
Thank you SO MUCH!!!!  I guess there was a suspicion of this on my tech's mind.  Really appreciate it!!!

Message posted by Guest on September-26-2011 at 10:02pm
View Guest's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Guest Search   Quote Guest Quote  
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-23-2002
-12 Posts

hi Charlie

Your gallery is very pretty !if you change a faster  server as Smooth mentioned ,your gallery would be perfect !

Message posted by Charlie on October-09-2011 at 8:55pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Hi Cheer - thank you for the compliment!!!  I just got back on here now and noticed your reply.  I'm wondering if you or Smooth (or both :)) or anyone else for that matter :) could try it out again for me - we've changed the server and I'm hoping it's much faster - you two would be the best judge of that, as you've already experienced the "snail" load. 

- go to www.caylex.ca

- (if you could delete your history - apparently this makes a difference...?  So I'm told)

- click on "Current Tours"

- click on ANY of the boxes with a house picture

- click on "Tour" (if you're so inclined, it would also be helpful if you could check out the "Still Photos" link too - wondering if that shows up correctly...)

- and I'm hoping after all of this difficulty - that there is very little and/or no delay!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed :).  Thanks again guys - I really appreciate it.

Charlie

Message posted by smooth on October-10-2011 at 8:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

From click on the "tour" to watching the loader to see the first scene took 25 seconds for me here in Australia.

So that is a huge improvement.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on October-10-2011 at 8:30am
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Thank you so much Smooth!!! 

25 seconds still seems like a little bit of a long wait... did it seem that way to you?  Or did it "feel" reasonable? 

And just to clarify... the actual website loaded no problem for you? 

And one last question... did the tour run smoothly once it was loaded? 

Message posted by cheer on October-10-2011 at 10:03pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi Charile,

I test your new link. The speed to your mian page and flash gallery is very fast and reasonable .Then it comes out a loading image ,and it is also improved a lot .But when i view the tour , it seems a little slow ,because there are many still iamge in it .i suggest you can put a panorama in the first slide or you can speed up your slide show by setting the speed of record movie issue,but it did improve a lot than before.

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by smooth on October-11-2011 at 4:00am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The website loaded OK.

The gallery tile thing was slow and not something that appeals to me.

The panorama loading time was OK because I could see it was at least loading. People typically will live with that. The audio is of course the slow down factor yet again.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by leescott on October-11-2011 at 9:20am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Very nice layout Charlie.. Love the main menu selection type. was a bit slow for me also (here in Jacksonville, FL) though I'm testing on my Clear Hotspot but it wasn't bad [;)].

If I might add a couple suggestion(s)

1)  if you toggle you "Pause/Resume" button it would be much clearer -- I didn't know if I had pressed pause or resume so I kept clicking and waiting until I seen action

2) Lower your ceiling view because on the first pano in the Kitchen (when I looked up the upper pic had a wierd type of view like a missing logo or someting.

Oher than that it's a spectacular layout, well thought out and design view

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register