Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Feature Requests For 2012 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-05-2011 at 9:20pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
As most people know, when it comes to creating a feature rich virtual tour, Tourweaver is the way to go. I've been using Tourweaver since 2007 and the GUI is pretty simple to understand while even the most novice of users can pretty much get the hang of the software's functionality WITHOUT using any of the help files to assist them. You can pretty much just wing it and get some pretty fantastic results.

Creating a virtual tour is really easy to do, but creating a Masterpiece that makes each and every viewer say "Wow, this is really f'ing nice!" is a tad more difficult, especially when you don't have the control that's required to create such a tour.

Tourweaver's competition is relatively small, especially when we talk about the features, functions and ease of use. However, when it comes to functionality and the ability to create a virtual tour that plays EXACTLY as you want, then I have got to admit,flashificator has got Tourweaver beat.......but not by very much. There are a few simple things that flashificator has the ability to do, that takes what is a regular tour in tourweaver, and makes it into a very elegant, stylish and amazing tour.

As I said, Tourweaver is the best when it comes to ease of use saddled up with all the great features it contains which are at our disposal......but I personally need a little more control over some very basic finessing features (which I think that many Tourweaver users will agree with me) Tourweaver is lacking but desperatly needs.

Here is my list of future requests that I feel Tourweaver should incorporate so that it's paying customers can create the very best virtual tours in the business, instead of merely wishing that they could create virtual tours of the same caliber as Regal360.com (Imagery Aside), which I would absolutely argue are the best virtual tours on the planet......to date:

1. FRICTION - I can't tell you how many times I have had viewers complain that the scenes spin WAY too fast when dragging the mouse around. Most have even told me it made them feel a little queezy. If anyone has ever visited a tour that DOES have friction, you immediately feel that this is something that Tourweaver is lacking in the elegance and finesse department. When creating a tour in Tourweaver, the "immersive" view has friction by default.....I do not see why this isn't an option for our spins, especially when it so dramatically changes the recipe for the percieved value of the tour.

2. POP-UP WINDOW CONTROL - Control......we do not have. A lot of the perceived value in a tour comes from the presentation. In order to maximize that value, one needs to have control. As of now, the only control we have is "how long" the window transition takes. What would be even more benefical to all of us Tourweaver devotees, is more control over:

A. WINDOW TIMING - Maybe I want my navigation controls to pop-in AFTER the scene loads......or maybe I would like some kind of sequential display where each of my nav buttons pops in one after the other, or maybe I want a window to very gracefully slide in "whenever I want it to!" ;)
B. WINDOW LAYERING - as of now, the windows are layered in the order that you create them.......well what if I think of something 2 days later that needs to go UNDER the first window (for whatever reason)? Then I have to REMOVE ALL OF THE WINDOWS and start over. There should be a way to layer the windows just as you can layer the scene order by dragging and dropping.

3.SCRIPT HANDLING - SOCIAL MEDIA INTEGRATION - Now I can't speak for the rest of the world, however, here in the United States, the social networking sites ARE HUGE! Everyone including their grandmothers are on them. I realize that this can be done on the html side of things, but that's something that would be so much easier to use if it was already built-in to TW, or, ideally, we should be able to create a window and add a script that would do all the work. This would be a great feature for Easy Pano to add to their portfolio and would only make the decision to purchase the $600 -$800 Pro software that much easier. Even the EasyPano site has a Facebook and Twitter link.....

4. RECORD MOVIE CONTROL - I could be completely wrong and just haven't figured it out yet, but it seems that we have very limited control over our recordings....and that the recordings aren't very smooth, no ease in or out. I would like to be able to record my first scene...zooming in and out, panning left or right, and then when the user clicks on the next scene I would like to be able to show the recorded second scene...zooming in and out, panning left or right, and so on. As of now I haven't been able to figure out if this is even possible. If it is possible then I apologize and just forget that there was a number 4 ;)

There are a few other features/options that I would like to see incorporated, but these, to me, are the most important. People often say "You're only limited by your imagination", which for the most part is true, but you're also limited by what your software can do. The "Window Control", "Script Handling" and "Record Movie Control" would dramatically increase the potential of the imagination ,which is what makes flashificator so powerful, you can do ANYTHING with it, and it's way more affordable for the average Joe, but no matter what you've heard, there is a serious learning curve which makes Tourweaver a better choice.

These five options would really help to create the very best virtual tours available. EP has done an amazing job in creating a software that is way, way, way, way easier to use then any other "would be" competitors out there, and I believe that these would really help to cast all other doubts aside as to "who" is really in the lead of virtual tour development.

Message posted by smooth on November-06-2011 at 4:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Quote: Originally posted by selfmade648562 on November-05-2011

4. RECORD MOVIE CONTROL - I could be completely wrong and just haven't figured it out yet, but it seems that we have very limited control over our recordings....and that the recordings aren't very smooth, no ease in or out. I would like to be able to record my first scene...zooming in and out, panning left or right, and then when the user clicks on the next scene I would like to be able to show the recorded second scene...zooming in and out, panning left or right, and so on. As of now I haven't been able to figure out if this is even possible. If it is possible then I apologize and just forget that there was a number 4 ;)

What you asking about in (4.) is already totally possible with Tourweaver. You can have as many Movie Tracks as you desire. You can link these movie tracks via the "Actions" options via Hotspots etc.

I'm all for your other suggestions and improvements if this is what people desire. Some I find important and others not so much. The actual "viewer" needs improving most of all to catch up with some other software that is available.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on November-06-2011 at 6:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

[This thread has been edited with some post removed to meet the common consensus.]

Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-06-2011 at 7:44am
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
@ Smooth - "What you asking about in (4.) is already totally possible with Tourweaver. You can have as many Movie Tracks as you desire. You can link these movie tracks via the "Actions" options via Hotspots etc."

Thanks for clearing that up! I figured it was something that I was missing. So make that 4 1/2 future requests because the recorded playback is still a bit clunky ;) Ease-in and ease-out would work wonders for the playback quality.

Thanks again!

Message posted by madmux on November-07-2011 at 4:00am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Well, there are good points in your post, selfmade. What i would like to add is - more events, so that actions could be defined not only for event on_mouse_click, but also on_mouse_over and on_mouse_leave.

Regarding social media integration, i.e. facebook, we need realize that this can be done ONLY on HTML side. There is a little sense in making Tourweaver an html editor - use existing one for that purpose. What EP maybe could do - is to provide more html templates with various social media buttons built in.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-07-2011 at 5:25pm
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
@ Madmux - Definitely, more events on both on_mouse_over and on_mouse_leave would be nice. I don't see why it's not an option anyway.

I must be misunderstanding,
"Regarding social media integration, i.e. facebook, we need realize that this can be done ONLY on HTML side." how is Terry doing it in tours like this
Social Media Integration

His seems to be flash based, or maybe an iframe?

Message posted by madmux on November-07-2011 at 6:27pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
If you talk about Share button, then there is no true social media integration. When you press facebook button, it just opens link location for sharing. You may do it quick and easily with Tourweaver as well.

Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-07-2011 at 7:07pm
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
"If you talk about Share button, then there is no true social media integration." How is that done then? The share button requires a script to pass the shared url to Facebook.

Message posted by madmux on November-07-2011 at 7:19pm
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Add your button (with facebook logo image). Click on that button, goto Actions pane, select Misc and doubleclick Link URL option.
Put the link to share:
http://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=link_to_your_specific_tour

Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-07-2011 at 7:45pm
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
WTF? It was that easy? Is there any documentation to do the same for all the other social sharing sites?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register