Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: New Article on Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by interactive360 on November-09-2011 at 4:43pm
View interactive360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by interactive360 Search   Quote interactive360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
interactive360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-23-2008
11 Posts
I recently came across this article on Adobe planning to abandon Flash development for all mobile device. I think this reconfirms the direction of html5 and virtual tours and the importance that we get the same functionality from html5 as what we currently have with flash virtual tours. Thanks.

News Article

-------------
interactive360

Message posted by madmux on November-09-2011 at 6:01pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
What can we say about article which writes about "HTML5 protocol"?
It seems like Adobe is going to give up. Not really. Most likely we will have more output formats, like: native iOS app, native Android app, flash, html5, etc...
What you would prefer - a native iOS app, native Android app or html5?
A couple of weeks ago we had a conference where a representative from microsoft showed how good performs IE10 with html5 and other browsers can't do everything right.
Is it a situation we wanna be happy with?

Message posted by interactive360 on November-09-2011 at 6:26pm
View interactive360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by interactive360 Search   Quote interactive360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
interactive360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-23-2008
11 Posts
I really don't care what format the virtual tours are in... I just want consistency in how the tours work across the formats. I have a couple very large projects that run great in flash, but not all the features function with the ipad and other devices, so this makes my life difficult.

As of right now I cannot complain, but as different devices continue to gain popularity the need to have the virtual tours working on each device to keep my clients happy will grow.

-------------
interactive360

Message posted by cheer on November-09-2011 at 9:26pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2011/11/flash-focus.html

This is the article of Adobe.

We have noticed this news and we will always keep the trends of industry and try to provide more useful and powerful software.

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by madmux on November-10-2011 at 3:01am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
I agree with you interactive! We could only imagine how good TW could be if EP team didn't had to invest their time into developing HTML5 (Safari) engine. If Adobe tools would allow to export work into different formats (swf, html5, native app).
Maybe i'm just angry that HTML5 should have made our lives so much easier and instead of that it makes our work so much difficult.

Message posted by funkens on November-10-2011 at 6:03am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Did anyone try tours with adobe-air yet?
I have no real idea about how to integrate Ep product in Air. But if it could run like an app on mobile devices it would be really nice for presentations.

Message posted by leescott on November-10-2011 at 3:26pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Check out this iPad/ iPhone player with more functionality than HTML5 only bummer is that it has to run on your domain or you have to purchase a license for other domains
iOSVR for iPad/iPhone with auto detect for flash as well

Works off of Cubed panos (6) individual files and is very easy to create, came with a base model I was able to change - Haven't changed the stills yet

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register