Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: iPhone 4S not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by randalltomes on November-28-2011 at 11:51am
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

Tourweaver 6.5 not working with iPhone 4S. It does work with iPhone and iPads about 6 months ago when I tested. I got the new iPhone 4S this weekend and was shocked to see it does not work. The tour does load but you can't navigate with your finger. It does not zoom in or out with your finger either. I pressed the play button and in a few minutes it started playing. I was then only able to navigate with my finger in a counter clockwise direction and that was very choppy. This was on cable wifi in my house so network speed was at best.

Is there a patch for this. I am concerned because I have been redoing them for customers so they work on iPhones. I have been redoing hundreds of them. It would be a huge liability for me if I did all this work redoing them only to have it not work on new iPhones. I hope there is a fix without having to rebuild the tours.

Message posted by leescott on November-28-2011 at 3:03pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Make sure you have the latest version of TW 6.5. This was an issue but was fixed in the latest vers
See this thread
Ipad Tours not spinning (older version of TW 6.5)

My TW is ver 6.5.111110

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by randalltomes on November-29-2011 at 8:14am
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts
I read the post and it said to recompile. I have hundreds now to recompile at 10 to 15 minutes a pop. I am not accepting apple moving the goal the post as the reason. Goal post are always moving in the software world. The tours should be split into dynamic modules and static. The dynamic has your images and static does the core work of the tour. This way when someone like me has hundreds of tours I don't have to spend hundreds of hours rebuilding each one. This happened with Flash and the older TourWeaver also. We only had to replace a static file and not rebuild all the tours we have been doing in the past years. There needs to be a simple static file fix for this also.

Message posted by leescott on November-29-2011 at 8:37am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Randall

Understandebly so, but the issue was caused by an iOS (Apple) change/update and not Tourweaver, but that's the caveat with technology. Microsoft is one of the biggest culprits in this arena (to itself!!!).

But that's no help to you... do you run your tours off your server or the users site?

Also have you checked the tours to see if they run on "Safari" on the PC? this was another indicator on the tour not loading (taking) iDevices out of the mix and pointing directly to Apple not TW (independent of the version compiled under)

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by randalltomes on November-29-2011 at 9:54am
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

Works great in safari, I just downloaded it on my pc. Works in FF and IE also. So this is an iDevice issue. The TourWeaver code architecture needs the make the dynamic part of the tour as agnostic to the core code as possible. This is basic 101 for all application development. Yes, Apple, Adobe, Macromedia have all changed the goal post over the years. What is going to happen in a year from now when this happens again, are we all supose to spend thousands of hours rebuilding all our tours we have done over the years. I just redid a bunch of condo complexes from years ago so they would be up to date and work on iDevices. That is what the customers want, there old tours updates. Now I have to go back and do it again costing me thousands in labor.

Just to give you an example of proper design and architecture in the world of application development. When Microsoft updates MS Word we all don't have to go retype all our word documents we have typed over the years.

Message posted by randalltomes on December-01-2011 at 10:55am
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

Get the latest tourweaver 6.5.x.

Publish any tour in HTML5.

Look in the published folder with windows explorer.

Look for the file tw-min.js in the Javascript folder.

Replace the tw-min.js file in your current tours with the new one.

Note: Your iPhone will cache the old js file for a day or more. To test out try it in another website folder. Or google up ways to delete cache in safari for iPhone. Changing any part of the url path will force the browser to not use cache.

Good thing they seperated there core app from the dynamic content. You don't have to rebuild each tour.

Message posted by cheer on December-01-2011 at 9:38pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Thanks Randaltomes,

It is a great methods to solve the previous HTML5 failed tours .

We suggest all frends download Tourweaver6.5 and updated to the latest version .The current latest version is 6.50.111121.

Please download it here:http://www.easypano.com/download-tw600.html

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register