Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Issue with Flash/HTML5 Dual Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Tempestlight on December-30-2011 at 1:40am
View Tempestlight's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Tempestlight Search   Quote Tempestlight Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Tempestlight
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-01-2010
26 Posts
With TW6.5 you could publish a tour in flash/html5 and the html 5 tour would just strip out the spherical panoramas and the map and automatically resize them for ipad and iphone.

With the TW7 trial ive been using it is instead taking my whole tour including 1000x740px background, thumbnail strip and map viewer and displaying the whole lot without resizing it to fit the ipad or iphone.

This means that I'm going to have to build my tours twice if I upgrade to TW7, once for flash format and once again for html5 format.

It worked great before in TW6.5 and the toolbar it automatically created was fine for opening the map or 360 thumbnails, why change it for this? Why not just add still images to html5 tour the same way you did with 360's?

How do I create a tour for HTML5 that I know will actually open properly in an ipad without having to scroll around like they used to?

The old pop-up thumbnail strip in the HTML5 tours with TW6.5 was perfect, can you revert back to that?

I was excited to upgrade but all the extra work I will have to do now makes it a waste of time for me and I'll stick to 6.5 if things stay like they are now in TW7.

Jeff.

Message posted by Tempestlight on December-30-2011 at 1:44am
View Tempestlight's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Tempestlight Search   Quote Tempestlight Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Tempestlight
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-01-2010
26 Posts
If you look at this tour I made with TW6.5 you can see that I create a bit more with backgrounds and buttons for the flash tour and the html5 tour is created for me automatically and sized to fit and with the buttons and other stuff stripped away nicely.

http://www.virtualtourpro.com.au/alpineproperty/arlberg008

I thought the whole idea of the dual flash/html5 feature was to be able to create two tours automatically from the one?

Message posted by leescott on December-30-2011 at 11:04am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Jeff

Nice tour.. do you shoot bracketing and merge photos for HDR to get such beautiful inside outside details?

Do you have a link to see what happens in TW7

Interestingly enough I did a test with TW7 and I see what you mean. (weird) also since I haven't upgraded yet I get the faded outline of the cubed images of the tours in HTML5 - only on the iPad2 not in Safari run off the PC.
(excuse the images I was testing a new pgm to merge HDR)
Test with TW7 Htmls/Flash Auto

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by cheer on January-03-2012 at 1:41am
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi Lee and Tempestlight,

The problem of Ipad 2 cubic line issue is fixing by our developers.Thank for your feedback.

For publish Flash/HTML5 tour issue, we add some new features about HTML5 tour but other parts are same.For iPad and iPhone,the viewer also can be resized to fit the iPad or iPhone as tw6.5 according to our developer.However,if you want to make it more suitable for iPad ,they suggest you make 3 different skin. We delete GoogleMap settings in the default toorbar,because you can have a button to control the map viewer and you can aslo customized the size of scene viewer instead of tw6.5 "default full screen for every HTML5 tour".

I suggest you try "Scale to  Browser Window" when you build a new project.

For details, please check this page:http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html

Best regards

Cheer

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by Tempestlight on January-04-2012 at 5:47pm
Tempestlight
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-01-2010
26 Posts
Hi Cheer,

I liked the TW 6.5 HTML 5 tours with the skin stripped away! Think about it, on an ipad/iphone with a smaller sceen why would you want a bulky skin? It just gets in the way of viewing the panoramas and images.

The fact that TW 6.5 stripped away the skin I made for my standard flash tours was Perfect! This gives the ipad/iphone a better experience with the virtual tour. I'm not going to build three seperate tours for flash/ipad/iphone every time using three sereapte skins I have to build myself for each device. That will waste my time and I don't want the skin with ipad/iphone anyway. And you should make the software smart enough to optimise a tour for ipad/iphone as you are professional developers, not me.

Jeff.

Message posted by Tempestlight on January-04-2012 at 5:51pm
Tempestlight
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-01-2010
26 Posts
Check out this tour as this to me is perfect for dual flash/html5

http://www.virtualtourpro.com.au/alpineproperty/coolrunning

Look at it in flash and then look at it on an ipad. The way the bulky skin is automatically stripped away for the ipad is Perfect! If you add stills, why not add them to the standard thumnail strip that TW 6.5 already makes for the html5 tours? That way it would stay clean and simple and with add still images on the thumbnail strip people would have an enhanced experience with the simple layout which really suits ios devices.

Jeff.

Message posted by nielsen on February-08-2012 at 12:45pm
View nielsen's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nielsen Search   Visit nielsen's Homepage www   Quote nielsen Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nielsen
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-06-2012
3 Posts
Any chance the other functions will be added to HTML5? I would like to add URL link, which works fine in flash, but will not on iPad/iPhone in HTML5 export.

Saw the v6.5 output you all created. Seems the HTML5 is better flushed out than the v7 software.

Message posted by selfmade648562 on February-08-2012 at 4:00pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
I agree with Jeff. Adding any kind of skin to the html5 tour would be completely counter productive. It's tough enough to simply click on the menu item that opens the thumbnails to the scenes on an iPhone.....I can't even imaging someone trying to navigate through a skin unless you were about 5 inches tall with very small fingers :)

However I can also see the benefits of rendering with a skin if someone is viewing on the much larger iPad.....but more people have "iPhones" then iPads so we would be targeting the wrong user.

Why not give us the best of both worlds and create an option to render stripped out tours exactly like the html5 tours in 6.5? You obviously already have the code created in 6.5 so it's just a matter of copying and pasting ;)

In my opinion this should be a core feature because having to manually create multiple tours is silly.

Makes sense to me :)

Message posted by panozon on February-09-2012 at 12:30am
View panozon's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panozon Search   Visit panozon's Homepage www   Quote panozon Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panozon
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
35 Posts

Hi Jeff.You will never find no software in the internet that has been designed according to your wishes or convenience.Unfortunately!

Unless if ordered a special program, and that will cost a lot:(

whit some little extra work you can do a good virtual tour for flash and html5.

for me i prefer to design a flash tour then after that i copy my project then mend it to be an iphone tour:)

also image backround is good in ipad tours if supported.

regard

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register