Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: URGENT Tour won't load Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on July-12-2004 at 7:47pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi guys. Have made a tour for a customer that needs to go Online soonest.

The tour is made in Tourweaver and will preview in tourweaver but it won't load from the file. I've tried to upload it to my server and see if it'd work from there... but no luck. LINK to download the complete tour via zip. This includes all the source images, buttons, skins..... that I built for this tour. Please have a look and give an answer so that the last hours were not a waste of time.

Cheers Rob

PS: Sorry for double posting... but I'm a bit pushed for time. (Note zip = 1.6MB)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by carol on July-13-2004 at 2:20am
View carol's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by carol Search   Quote carol Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
carol
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
April-21-2004
60 Posts

Hi phoenixrising,

I can view your tour perfectly under Microsoft JVM, but not under Sun JVM. When previewing, MS JVM runs, which supports different fonts better than Sun. That is why you can preview the virtual tour without problem. When you view the published file, maybe some fonts are not supported by Sun JVM, so it does not load from the file. Please select MS JVM at IE>Tools>Internet options>advanced, and stop Sun JVM at the same time. Or try to change some other fonts which are supported by Sun, such as Times New Roman, etc.

--------------------

Easypano support

Message posted by phoenixrising on July-13-2004 at 5:42am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

So Tourweaver is Font sensitive.....!

It would be good if u would let us know this. I was at a customer the other day and wanted to show him a tour Online which would download to his system but wouldn't play. I could see the skins, the thumbnails, the whole thing and could even see the individual images downloading to his system. When all had downloaded, no further functioning of the tour. I don't know what system he was using. I know he has Java... but maybe this is the issue... the fonts. Please be good enough to publish a list of compatable fonts and also add this to the hints section in the documentation u publish with the tour.

Note, I tried to change the fonts. No luck. The tour won't let me change it. I even cancelled the scene description box, deleted the text from the scenes, saved the new tour without text, closed tourweaver, opened it and added new scene description and text in times new roman... THE TEXT WON'T change.

Somewhat frustrating. I'll forward u the vtp file and this comment for u to look at. Am running XP-Home and Centrino chip.

Rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by RuddersUK on July-21-2004 at 7:38pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts

I use sun java VM and it is workin fine on my machine and all fonts working. one thing tho your 360 images can be alot smaller file size without losing any quality. this will make the whole thing run alot smoother.

Message posted by RuddersUK on July-25-2004 at 2:22pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
I have a problem now with a tour not loading. The tour will work fine locally but once embedded into a html page and up loaded to the server the background loading screen loads then thats it the viewer just goes blank! any ideas anyone?

Message posted by eagle on July-26-2004 at 8:58pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi ruddersUK,

Do you have a sample we can see?

r,
eagle

Message posted by Long on July-30-2004 at 4:55am
View Long's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Long Search   Visit Long's Homepage www   Quote Long Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Long
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-10-2003
49 Posts

Different java vm support and show the different effect to fonts. It make headache to our developer.

Can not see the tour when uploading to server. Usually because the directory structure is wrong when uploading. If the server os is linux\unix, make sure the letter case no changed.

-------------
Easypano Observer

Message posted by LOKO on July-30-2004 at 6:54am
View LOKO's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by LOKO Search   Quote LOKO Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
LOKO
Standard Member
Standard Member
Latvia
June-15-2004
12 Posts

Hi Phoenixrising!

I have JVM and have no problem with viewing Your Tour!

I have load your tour at my server

http://www.artpixstudio.lv/Customers/tmp/Tourviewer_Wohn.html

Try to test it

Vadim

Message posted by Long on July-30-2004 at 7:49am
View Long's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Long Search   Visit Long's Homepage www   Quote Long Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Long
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-10-2003
49 Posts

There are non-english letter in the file name of the items of Skin_Wohn.zip. It can not be load at sun jvm.

This is not compatible between sun jvm and ms jvm.

So this tour will not work at sun jvm. You must rename the item name to english letter and text in config file.

-------------
Easypano Observer

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register