Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Virtual Tours For Android OS? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Nick on January-06-2012 at 6:52am
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Has anyone had any success getting a tour to work in either FlashVR or HTML5 on the Android platform?

I am just testing TW7 (latest version) and when I view a Flash format tour the screen is just blank. If I try an HTML5 version I see very small cubic faces auto rotating around but they don't fill the screen by any means. I have tried selecting the 'Scale to browser option' but that makes no difference. Any advice would be appreciated.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by smooth on January-07-2012 at 12:45am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have made Tourweaver tours for Android devices. You must keep the file size down to allow for the limited processing power and available RAM.

I haven't yet done anything with TW7, though I don't see why this would be any different to TW6.5 etc.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by leescott on January-07-2012 at 10:02am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Nick
Here's one I have done and works on my Samsung Android phone
Mobile tour for Androids

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by Nick on January-10-2012 at 4:29am
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Hi Lee & Smooth,

Thanks Lee for sending me a link to your tour which works on the Android platform. That was useful for me to test to ensure that it wasn't a setting on my Android tablet causing the tour not to work, but tat it was actually the tour files. I have since done some testing and it seems that the issue is that FlashVR tours do not work on Android devices if they were outputted using TW7. You need to output your tours using version 6.5 or lower for them to work. I was testing tours on my new Android tablet running version 3.0 using TW7 and all I got was a blank screen.

So EP...you need to fix the issue with tours not working on the Android platform when outputted from TW7.

Nick.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by cheer on January-11-2012 at 10:39pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi

Our developer said they think the reason why tw7 tour can be not viewed by Android plaform maybe the player issue but not sure.Because tw7 use flash 11 .They have not tested it.Maybe Maybe Androids does not support flash 11?

Best regads

Cheer

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by tdmerch on January-12-2012 at 12:13pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi all,
I've been testing the new TW7 pro version and at this point when outputted with "auto" select, the tours do not play on the Android platform. I did a demo for a client where I outputted a "mini tour" with TW7 in "auto" but I replaced the files in the "flash" directory with the tour files I outputted using TW5. The nice thing about this is I have a version designed for the iPad with HTML5 and a separate version designed for the more robust Flash functionality. In the Flash version I have added a "Full Screen" button, a "Play/Rest" movie button, and on the "Info" popup screen there is a functioning link to my website. In my experimentations, the HTML5 version these three features do not work at this point so I've left out the Full Screen, Play/Reset and but left my website address as text on the Info popup.

Here is a link to this demo tour: http://www.go360media.com/vikings

To make this VT to work on the iPhone I will have to strip out the Navigation Bar because I cant get it to anchor at the bottom of the screen, although it may work if I put the buttons over on the left side. I will also have to reduce the screen resolution from 900X600 (iPad compatible) to 480X320 (iPhone compatible). I will probably reduce the pano image size down from 4000X2000 to maybe 1400X700.

Below are examples of the same VT outputted with different settings. I have an Android Incredible (First version) running Android 2.3.4 with Adobe Flash player 11.1. My browsers are base Android WebKit/533.1 and Opera Mobile 11.50. Opera Mini would not recognize Flash 11.1 but it runs fine with Opera Mobile and the Android basic browser.

TW7 - Flash/HTML5 Auto Select version: www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/auto

o     Opens fine on the PC and iPad but the scene resolution seems to be too large for the iPhone and doesnt open on my Android Incredible phone at all.
o     Hot buttons all work except inside the Info Box the text link to my website does not work. 

TW7 - HTML5 iPad version:

www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/ipad

o     Works fine on the iPad.
     TW7 - HTML5 iPhone version:

www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/iphone

o     Stripped down version.
o     Reduced the window size to 480X320.
o     Left the 360s at 3000X1500 but this should be able to be reduced about 50%.
o     Took out the Navigation Bar because it would not lock on the bottom and this was a very simple Virtual Tour.
o     Too out the title popup window linked to the scenes and replaced it with a text title.
o     Left in the Thumbnail Popup Window and the SCENES button.
o     All the hot buttons inside the scenes work.

TW7 - Flash Version for Android outputted with TW 7: www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/android-v7

o     Works fine on the PC but not with my Android Incredible smart phone.

TW5 - Flash Version for Android outputted with TW 5: www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/android-v5

o     Works fine with my Android Incredible smart phone and on the PC.
o   &nbs

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 12:44pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I hate HTML5 with a passion and all that Apple has done to the panoramic industry through their GREED.

As for Adobe bending to Apple, I'd say it's a temporary lean. Samsung is kicking Apple with both the mobile phone and tablet and supports Flash. Soon enough these mobile devices will have the CPU power and RAM to run regular Flash just as well run it on our desktops.

Flash is NOT dead and not likely to die. It will be years, and years before HTML5 gets anywhere near what Flash can do today. Sure cater to the iDevice users, we have too. But it is inferior technology through infancy and thus the panoramic tours on these devices is also inferior and childlike.

All I can say is, stop buying Apple iDevices and buy Samsung (or others) and get a better product that supports Flash and doesn't limit our tours to ridiculous Apple goal post moving levels. Jeez, they didn't even support their own Quicktime standard!

and YES I also own an iPhone.....

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 1:25pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Can I ask: What happened to the "Percentage Of Scene" option that we could choose in 6.5 but is missing in TW7?

It was via this option I would make my tours Android compatible.

I could select a "known" percentage of the full size panoramic scenes that I know would be correct for Android.

Maybe I'm missing something? Easypano can you explain please.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by selfmade648562 on March-26-2012 at 1:30am
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
Hi Smooth,

Just out of curiosity (and not having to go through trial and error myself ;)), what percentage were you using for Android? Thanks!!

Message posted by smooth on March-26-2012 at 1:39am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

My input images were 7500x3250 for full size flash so I went 50% meaning the images for Android would be 3250x1625. This worked fine on my Samsung Galaxy SII phone with 1gb of RAM but lesser phones can run out of memory if it is a tour. So be wary of file weight as well as file size and test.

Also note: Other apps running on the phone are also chewing up RAM and people need to be aware of this to view Panorama tours successfully.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register