Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW7 Flash/HTML5 for iPad, iPhone, Android Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tdmerch on January-09-2012 at 6:17pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi all,

Some of my clients are beginning to request iPad and iPhone versions of their Virtual Tours so Ive been experimenting with TW7 Pro Version 7.00.111213 and have had some successes and some disappointments.

I think I have figured out a reasonable Flash/HTML5 auto select version that runs well enough on the PC, Mac and iPad, and the stripped down iPhone version isnt too bad.  The tour looks fine on my Android Incredible smart phone when I output the tour in Flash using my older TW5 but the tour does not open on my Android phone when outputting the tour using TW7.

If anyone is interested in trying these different tour versions here are the links and a few of my observations. This VT has three 360X180 degree scenes, popup windows, hot buttons, thumbnails, navigation bars:

• Flash/HTML5 Auto Select version: www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/auto
    • Opens fine on the PC and iPad but the scene resolution seems to be too large for the iPhone and doesnt open on my Android Incredible phone at all.
    • Hot buttons all work except inside the Info Box the text link to my website does not work.
  • HTML5 iPad version: www.go360media.com/gmhc/cobblestone/ipad
    • Works fine on the iPad.

• -------------
      www.go360media.com

Message posted by cheer on January-09-2012 at 10:07pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi Tom,

Thank for your so clear and helpful feebacks and testing for HTML5 tour.

All of your hard work and testings are greatly appreciated!

I will forward your feebacks to our developers.

For the Android issue,some of our friends has test sucessful.

We have not test here but you can try it.

Android1

Android2

Thank for your helpful feedbacks and testing.

Best regards

Cheer

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by Nick on January-10-2012 at 4:23am
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Hi Tom & Cheer,

I too have been testing TW7 and also the option to view virtual tours on the Android platform. I have just purchased an ASUS tablet running Android 3.0 for testing purposes and I have found the same as you. Tours outputted using TW7 in the FlashVR format do not work on the Android platform (any version). I just put a single panorama into a player with nothing else and outputted the tour to test a very simple tour. All I see is a blank screen.

However if you output the tour using TW6.5 to the FlashVR format, then the tour works fine. You do need to keep the pixel size and the file size of your panoramas down as generally the android tablets and phones don't have very powerful processors.

I also tried testing an HTML5 based tour on the Android platform. You get a very strange result. You see very small cubic faces separated out auto rotating around. You also can't rotate the tour using your finger.

So EP...this issue needs to be fixed in the next update to TW7. This is another reason why I am not going to upgrade to version 7 just yet. I would also like to see an HTML5 tour work correctly on the Android platform. See what you can do!

Nick.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by smooth on January-10-2012 at 4:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Easypano HTML5 tours are ONLY compatible with Apple Safari browser.

As Safari is not available for Android the Easypano HTML5 tours cannot be played on any Android devices as yet. Easypano needs to work on making the HTML5 WebGL/Css3 format compatible with all browsers.

Android supports Flash, so there is little to no reason for wanting to use the inferior HTML5 format.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register