Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW7 main window 100% - quick deadline Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Charlie on January-11-2012 at 6:02pm
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Hello all - I'm in a huge bind to get this tour done.  Using TW7 - I need the main window to be 100% of browser window and the scene viewer to be a specific width and height.  I was able to do this in TW6.5 and I'm assuming I can do this in 7 as well.  If not, I'll need to revert back to TW6.5 until this is fixed - which brings me to my second question...

In order to revert back to 6.5, would I transfer the license in 7 download the trial version of 6.5 - insert my previous license key for 6.5.  And then once this is fixed, go back to 7 with the same method??? 

Thanks in advance for any help - it's VERY appreciated - especially with my time crunch!!!

Message posted by cheer on January-11-2012 at 9:08pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi Charlie,

First of all , we are sorry that there is a little change about setting full sceen.However, it is almost same as tw6.5.

Could you gie me some sample effect link you want to reach by tw7.We can give you a video tutorial for it.

Best regads

Cheer

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 12:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

He wants the "Stage" to Scale to Browser Window and the viewer to be a nominated sized portion or the stage. I.E: Stage 100% x 100% and Viewer window 800px X 600px or similar.

I'm also unclear why this was changed? I hope it is still possible using an easy method.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on January-12-2012 at 10:06am
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Hi guys - thanks again for the quick replies!!  I should mention also... he... is a she :D - common mistake.

And Smooth - yes - that is exactly correct!  Thank you for making it perhaps a bit more clear.

I think I may have figured out 1 major part of my dilemna - I created a "skin" in photoshop - it's simply a big rectangle with a little rectangle cut out in the middle.  I made it slightly larger than the size of my stage (to accommodate - hopefully - for a receivers larger screen).  I then placed it on my stage as a picture, rather than as a cover for the scene viewer.  I placed it so that it overlaps all of the edges.  And the buttons - I then (of course) put the buttons on top of the picture.

On my computer - the tour shows up beautifully, with all of the buttons placed where I want them and the scenes showing up as I want them to. 

What I need to know is...

I want the tour to show exactly like this on any computer that opens it (some screens are bigger - some smaller - obviously).  Meaning that the edges of the tour are black in full screen and not.  The actual pictures or panos are not distorted in anyway and the scene viewer is still positioned where I would expect it to be.  And the buttons are positioned in their proper place - and yes, I do know about the anchor position, but I've run into problems before, where the buttons along the bottom were inaccessible because they were under the lower taskbar or where they ended up positioned on the actual pictures or panos - both of which - I do NOT want.

I need to know:

1.  what size to make the stage - and I guess then provided I tick off the option to "scale to browser window" the scene viewer will also be that size.

2.  what size to make the photoshop picture to overlap the edges enough that any computer will have the edges covered with the black - and how to position it properly to do this.

3. And where in relation to the stage would I put the buttons - and in turn - would I anchor to the middle?

I also have a button that says "more info" - it shows up perfectly as an iframe, unless I've clicked the "full screen" button - in which case I have to exit full screen to see this page.  How do I fix this, so that it also shows up when in full screen?

Here is the link for a tour that I'm in the process of creating.

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/wilson_tm/Project9_5/_auto/flash/Caylex_Project9_3.html

I'm sorry for the "longwinded" message - just trying to be extra clear - hopefully I haven't confused anyone more.  Thank you as always for all of your help!!!!  It is greatly appreciated!!!

Message posted by Charlie on January-12-2012 at 10:57am
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

I just figured this part out... so ignore that paragraph completely.

"I also have a button that says "more info" - it shows up perfectly as an iframe, unless I've clicked the "full screen" button - in which case I have to exit full screen to see this page. How do I fix this, so that it also shows up when in full screen?"

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 11:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Charlie,

Sorry for assuming you were male.

Let me first give you an understanding on how to make a sizable skin.

Your image will need to be made into (4) slices. You need a bottom, top, left and right and to be able to cater for all size screen resolutions you will need to make the top and bottom at least 3,000px wide.

You would anchor the top image to the top left and the bottom image to the bottom right with the "run off" heading to the right (off the stage).

The sides (left and right) I would size at 2,000px high and anchor the left top left and the right top right. Letting the "run off" drop below the stage.   

See if you can make sense of this diagram.

I have shown the 4 pieces in different colors to show it to be obvious. The RED area is your stage and the BLUE area the scene viewer. Outside the red area is off the stage. The anchor points are shown for each of the 4 pieces.

Using this method allow you the simply "Scale to Window" and it will fit all screen resolutions.

Buttons would sit on top and would be anchored to lower center of the (9) options.

You can download a basic skin example from this thread.

Once you understand this I feel it will help you with your other questions.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 11:27am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your "Info" window should a "Layer" not an iframe. Use a pop-up window.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 12:00pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Even at 1680x1050 your skin "frame" is too small and appears like this. Of course you cannot mouse drag the panorama scene "unless' you are outside of the skin. This will not be the case if you follow my skin instruction.  

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on January-12-2012 at 12:08pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

That's fantastic - thank you!!!!!  One last question... initially when you set this up, you need to give a size for at least the loading window it seems - what size would you recommend?  Or does it matter.

sorry 2 more...

- if the top and bottom are at least 3000 px wide - how high should it be?

and

- if the right and left side are 2000px tall - how wide should they be?

Thank you again Smooth!!!  I really appreciate it.  And btw - for the "more info" button - I actually tried using the javascript alteration I found somewhere in these threads and just adjusted the size to suit my needs.  Seems to be working ok...  Thanks btw to the contributor - very helpful!!!

Message posted by smooth on January-12-2012 at 12:27pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If you are always going to "Scale with Browser Window" then initial window size doesn't matter. But, I normally set this to 800x600.

Hight or width of these bars is up to you and what you are wanting to achieve in style etc. My sample is 150px. Nothing says top and bottom have to be the same though! or side for that matter. If you make these border components as a .png24 transparent file they can be any shape you like, just be mindful of the what they look like once you expand in different resolutions.

3000x2000 covers all current of the shelf resolutions and maybe a little more into the future. The iMac 27" is 2560x1440 so at 3000x2000 you well and truly have that covered.

I suggest you use a pop-up window/layer for your information screen. The reason is because your .html page via an iframe will alway load underneath, either in a new tab or new window (depending on how the viewer has set their browser up). A flash layer you get full control over and will work in full-screen mode also.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register