Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Sound tracks Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Terry Nam on January-13-2012 at 3:27pm
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Can anyone suggest a simple but effective source of back ground music to accompany virtual tours. My work is mainly interior real estate and never really used the dimension of audio which could add to the viewing experience. Not sure where to start looking for it but Im sure some members do. If you could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

-------------
Terry
Nikon D300(Sept08), Sigma 8mm, agnos short

Message posted by willie on January-14-2012 at 10:25am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Terry,

Have a look at this site: JewelBeat. They offer some nice music at great prices. There are some other good free music tracks here. If you search under "Free for Commercial Use" you might find some suitable music tracks. Hope that gets you started on the never ending quest for backing tracks!!

Willie

Message posted by Terry Nam on January-15-2012 at 3:00pm
View Terry Nam's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Terry Nam Search   Quote Terry Nam Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts

Hi Willie

Many thanks, I shall take a look. I just want some instrumental tracks that sit in the background without it being annoying. Dont mind paying for it if its what I want and compliments the tours, enhancing the visitors experience.

-------------
Terry

Message posted by smooth on January-16-2012 at 12:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Terry,

Be very mindful when adding audio. Keep the volume levels low and "always" offer a mute button that is easily accessible. You can lose customers very quickly if they find it unexpected or annoying.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by willie on January-16-2012 at 3:10am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Terry,

Smooth is right about the volume. Some folks like it, others dont so you must include a mute option. I usually make the audio file play quieter. You can use a free programme called audacity for this. Music sound levels are usually "normalised" to peak at just under 100% by the producer which is way too loud for background audio. I reduce this to about 20% to keep it in the background. This avoids the music being too loud with normally adjusted speakers and avoids the user diving for the speaker volume on their computer. Another thing, to keep the file size to a minimum, I convert it to mono.

Regards, Willie

Message posted by Terry Nam on January-18-2012 at 5:39am
Terry Nam
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-05-2002
110 Posts
Thanks guys, comments noted.

-------------
Terry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register