Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Best Picture Size Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Sonoferin on January-15-2012 at 4:10pm
View Sonoferin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Sonoferin Search   Quote Sonoferin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Sonoferin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-16-2010
4 Posts
OK I am pretty new to this stuff..
I am shooting with a Nikon D90.
I have a cheap Rokinon 8mm fish-eye lens, the Nikon doesn't play nice with this lens. I get an error when trying to use it on manual..never seem to be able to use the flash.
So I am fudging it whilst I learn this pano stuff. I have shot some panos with a wide angle lens and used Photoshop cs5 to stitch..didn't do too bad.
OK here's where I'm running into probs. When I bring the pano into TW.
it always seems to be too zoomed in. I have adjusted the FOV to max and it is still too close. I am adjusting the size in Photoshop to optimize for download speed. I think this is where Im going wrong.
Any suggestions on the perfect size for these panos. Do I resize by size or by DPI I know it must make a difference....OR am I looking at this all wrong.
Sorry to be so long winded, but the tour I made is great except the panos are too close. It is the interior of a boat so it really matters.

Thanks
Martin

Message posted by cheer on January-15-2012 at 9:26pm
View cheer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cheer Search   Visit cheer's Homepage www   Quote cheer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cheer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

October-09-2011
235 Posts

Hi Sonaferin,

We have no limit of the size of the panorama for tw.If your panorama is high resolution then the tour is very clear but a little slow to load. We suggest your panorama is 4000X2000. You can try different size and resolution.

Best regards

Cheer

-------------
www.easypano.com
Cheer@easypano.com

Message posted by smooth on January-16-2012 at 1:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Sonoferin on January-15-2012
I have a cheap Rokinon 8mm fish-eye lens, the Nikon doesn't play nice with this lens. I get an error when trying to use it on manual..never seem to be able to use the flash.

OK here's where I'm running into probs. When I bring the pano into TW.
it always seems to be too zoomed in. I have adjusted the FOV to max and it is still too close. I am adjusting the size in Photoshop to optimize for download speed. I think this is where Im going wrong.
Any suggestions on the perfect size for these panos. Do I resize by size or by DPI I know it must make a difference....OR am I looking at this all wrong.

Hello Martin,

Welcome to the Easypano forums.

Firstly the Rokinon 8mm fisheye is not a cheap lens by any means other than the price. In fact the lens is a re-badged Korean made Samyang 8mm and has proved to be an excellent lens. That's not to say the occasional dud slips into the marketplace. That said, it is a fully manual lens and does not communicate with camera. to get the most from it you must learn to use your camera in (M) manual mode. This example was shot with an old 6.3mp Canon 10D and Samyang 8mm.

Typically panoramas are shot without a flash. We rely on longer shutter speeds or higher ISO settings.

DPI/PPI has nothing to do with anything other than basic EXIF data instructions to a printer. It is the documents size in pixels that matter. 4000x2000 is minimum for full screen these days with 6000x3000 more usual for quality.

As for FOV in Tourweaver, the default 100 FOV is about right for the human eye. Any wider the things will look to tilt at the edges. Any narrower and things appear unnaturally close (too zoomed in).  I like to use 100 FOV Max 100 Min 40

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Sonoferin on January-16-2012 at 11:54am
View Sonoferin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Sonoferin Search   Quote Sonoferin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Sonoferin
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-16-2010
4 Posts
Thanks a lot mate I appreciate all the advice.
I remember using this lens a while ago and getting good results. I haven't used it in a while so got rusty. I still get an R09 error on my nikon but never did figure it out. Some people say it was to do with the buffer but it cant be so I get that error even after a reset.
I took your advice and adjusted the panos to the size you suggested..look good now ..thx. I had to play with the settings as well, those numbers you told me to use were all good.

Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register