Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Exit Tour button - here not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on January-28-2012 at 4:25am
View GIOLETS1965's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GIOLETS1965 Search   Visit GIOLETS1965's Homepage www   Quote GIOLETS1965 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Hi to all,
my intention is to have a simple button that allow my client to close the Tour window when he want to exit the Tour.

So I've used the specific function "Exit Window" creating a button in the Tour interface.

If I use the standalone .exe tour it works, but give me always "The page is trying to close the window" warning message, that I don't want, since the tour is for public users for a Museum, so I don't want to have messages that could generate confusion (first question: could I solve this in order to close the .exe without warnings?).

As a second choice I've try the Browser way; but neither in Internet Explorer or in Firefox the button seems to work: I have the Tour opened in the browser page, but if I press the exit button nothing happen.
I think this is very strange and could depends on my specific machine, but I have no idea about how to resolve. (in Firefox I've tried the option dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows;true, but without success). So, my second question is : how to have a simple function button that close theTour and the Browser window.

Finally, as a third way I have tryed to use a standalone Flash Player as Adobe Projector, in order to run the .swf file, but here again the exit button is not working, if I press it nothing happen.My needs is instead that the button close the Adobe windows.. is possible?

Many thanks to anyone that try to give me some suggestions.

Luca

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on January-30-2012 at 3:45am
View GIOLETS1965's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GIOLETS1965 Search   Visit GIOLETS1965's Homepage www   Quote GIOLETS1965 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
...just a little upgrade:
I've made newly all my test on a new PC, just bought, Windows7 64 bit, with no other software installed.
I've installed the most recent version of Flash and Java.
Both in Firefox 9 as In Internet Explorer 9 I've checked the parameters in order to allow Java and Scripts.
Again I've published the Tour using Tourweaver 6.5 (and 7).

I've tested again the exit button but it works only in the .exe Tour pubblication.
Both in Firefox as In IE the button don't work! if I press it nothing happen.

So I kindly ask you if there are someone that could help me.
I'm stopped here till 3 days on this trouble with no way to resolve.

Many thanks.

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on January-31-2012 at 2:38am
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
I Forget to mention that the Tour is published not on web but have to run in local mode, on a PC hosted in a museum, could be for that reason that I am not able do have the exit function?
Thanks again.

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by smooth on January-31-2012 at 4:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is a restriction of browser security and cannot be resolved. Setting of browsers have changed since this was implemented. The browser will ask if you wish to allow the close.

Today it is suitable for .exe

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register