Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Inserting Video (YouTube) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by toddstogner on February-10-2012 at 11:17am
View toddstogner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by toddstogner Search   Visit toddstogner's Homepage www   Quote toddstogner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
toddstogner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-10-2012
1 Posts
I am working on a tour and I want to include some video. I am using a link from YouTube and I have two problems.

1) The video plays automatically. I have it in a pop-up window and don't want it to play automatically. You can hear the sound as soon as the tour loads.

2) There are no controls for the video.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve these problems?

-------------
Todd Stogner
New Media Manager
INTEGRIS Health

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 11:41am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

How are you entering the YouTube video into your tour?

Video displayed on YouTube doesn't have video controls within the movie file, it is part of the video wrapper/skin.

You are most likely best to wrap the video in your own wrapper. You can use a program like Flash Video Studio 4.0 from www.increditools.com with the video wrapped up you will have a complete video control bar and choose from styles and also adjust colours to match your tour.

You can see a sample of a wrapped video slideshow in this sample panorama (first slideshow button).

Regards, Smooth [8D] 

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 12:23pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm,

I see a YouTube addition to the video option in TW7. This is a new one on me. I have attempted to test this by adding the supplied code from YouTube (both the standard movie link and also the iframe code). Neither of which I can get to work. I get the YouTube logo (bottom right) and signs of loading for about a second then nothing. I also see you can add a control bar.

That said, upon attempting to find out more information via the F1 Help on this video section I see completely different screen captures and little to no instruction on it's use. The screen captures show instead of YouTube, Online Video with options to autoplay and loop (with the latter options appearing only to be for .flv files).

Another one for Easypano to clear up!

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by mngeogr4 on May-15-2012 at 9:01am
View mngeogr4's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mngeogr4 Search   Quote mngeogr4 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mngeogr4
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-06-2011
3 Posts
Hmmm,

I was able to get the youtube video to play by just inserting the code after the = sign of the youtube link. However, the youtube video starts playing right away. This will work for just adding video to a scene but if you are trying to add a popup window that plays only when you click on it, it doesn't work well.

If someone can figure out a way to prevent it from playing until you click on the link, then it would work. If i let it run through the video and then click on the hotspot to start the popup video, then it will play.

Thanks,
Rick

Message posted by smooth on May-15-2012 at 10:19am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is BUG in Tourweaver and the YouTube option.

The fact is, you should have to place the complete "long" URL into the GUI to add the YouTube video to your tour.

The fact you even worked out that if you entered the tail of the URL (after the = symbol) is testament to your the frustration. In trying to make it work.

The controls "should" work, but doesn't. It is a BUG and it needs squashing.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Nick on May-15-2012 at 7:50pm
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Hey Smooth,

What is the pixel dimensions and file size of the panorama in the sample tour you provided the link to above? It looks great on my 27" monitor. I can never get my panos to look as good and play as smooth in full screen as yours did.

Thanks,
Nick.

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by smooth on May-16-2012 at 1:52am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Nick,

The master file is 7300x3650 as this was shot with a (6.3mp) Canon 10D and Samyang 8mm Fisheye. What size I ended up using in the Tourweaver sample I do not remember and as I encrypted it. I can only guess and say possibly 6000x3000, but maybe I simply left it at 7300x3650. I shot this quite a long time ago.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by ImmersiveP on July-02-2012 at 5:43pm
View ImmersiveP's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ImmersiveP Search   Quote ImmersiveP Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ImmersiveP
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-02-2012
2 Posts
I inserted an Init/ Finish Image to control the start, worked once. It will start when you click on the image, as long as you are in the scene and not a separate pop up window.

Add the action Mute/sound, at least the user can go to the next image without volume. But if you leave the scene and come back and hit play there will be two videos playing...one in the pop up window and one on the scene. As far as I can tell this will continue on as long as you restart the video after leaving the scene. I had 5 going at once.

The good thing is that when you mute it, all videos mute.

please let us know when there is a fix to this problem so I can update. I use this option a lot.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register