Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Play a movie with an external player Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on February-19-2012 at 4:56pm
View GIOLETS1965's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GIOLETS1965 Search   Visit GIOLETS1965's Homepage www   Quote GIOLETS1965 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Is possible to assign an action to a button in a Tour, in order to play a movie (.flv or. avi) in an external player (like f.e. VLC)?

Luca

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by madmux on February-20-2012 at 2:39pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Directly - no. That would be a giant security issue if flash could execute external files.
Otoh you may prompt user to download (and open - if user chooses it) video file by providing a link to the .avi file.

Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on February-21-2012 at 4:40am
View GIOLETS1965's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GIOLETS1965 Search   Visit GIOLETS1965's Homepage www   Quote GIOLETS1965 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Thanks madmux for your reply,
I've agree with you that could be a security issue, but in my special case I've to realise a totem-standalone application for a museum, so all the applications have to execute locally.
Do you think that providing a local url (like c:\myvideo.avi) could work?

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2012 at 7:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Luca,

What is it you need to play via kiosk mode?

Your video can play using Flash Player.

You need to provide more information about this project.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on February-21-2012 at 7:49am
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Yes surely, my fault..

I need to play some 3dstereo video, that will be viewed through a dedicate stereo video player (like Nvidia Video Player).

The application will be played on a totem that have 2 monitor.

So I'll have my Tour on a main monitor and when the user choose to play the 3d video it will be played on the second monitor (with 3d capability).

I'll make some test giving as URL my local file video and it seems to work.
I have again some difficult in order to have "full screen" or "exit on end of play" features, but yes seem to work!

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2012 at 8:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I haven't tested this with "your" requirements but, I would suggest a program like Autorun Max! 2.1 or AutoPlay Media Studio 8.0 would have the features you require. See www.indigorose.com

Everything including a file structure gets added to an .exe file that you can also include other .exe file within (like VLC Media Player etc) and any video format you like that the player can handle.

You will need to do some testing with the trial versions. See if it can before parting with cash.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by GIOLETS1965 on February-21-2012 at 8:37am
GIOLETS1965
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
February-25-2011
16 Posts
Thanks a lot Smooth,
AutoPlay Media Studio was my first choice, it manage better each application to launch and also is possible there to give some command line parameters to the player..
If it work with the local URL, I'd prefer to go with our dear Tourweaver, however..

Luca

-------------
LUCA GIOLETTA

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register