Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Pictures displaying partially gray Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mmetzing on February-23-2012 at 3:48pm
View mmetzing's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mmetzing Search   Visit mmetzing's Homepage www   Quote mmetzing Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mmetzing
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-22-2012
22 Posts
After uploading the tour, some of the images are half gray. Some of them only show a circle at the top or is missing a "floor" (displays gray). The strange thing is that when you look at the tour on another computer some of the images are half gray but they are different images than when they displayed on another computer. Each computer shows most of the images within the tour but different computers show different broken images.

-------------
mmetzing

Message posted by smooth on February-24-2012 at 6:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

What you are seeing is a panorama that hasn't fully loaded.

This could be because the upload was incomplete or the download is too large.

Did you select "Slice Display" in the Publish Options? 

Did you have a URL you could share so we can see how much of the loading we get?

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by mmetzing on February-24-2012 at 9:15am
View mmetzing's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mmetzing Search   Visit mmetzing's Homepage www   Quote mmetzing Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mmetzing
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-22-2012
22 Posts

Slice display was not checked.

I think the problem was the first image was way too large and the tour was not loading completely. I resized and uploaded the tour. It works fine here but others (only some) still cant get past the first still image. Here is a link.

http://picturedevents.com/utica/eTourVision_Project10.html

-------------
mmetzing

Message posted by smooth on February-24-2012 at 11:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Scene loaded fine for me. Although it was slow at downloading. Maybe the size is still too large. 6000x3000px should be plenty and you should compress this also. The audio could also be what's slowing it down. The audio was also extremely LOUD.

As for it failing on others, my guess this is other computers that had already attempted to view the "original way to large version" and now are calling it from cache. Either have them clear their browser cache, try with a different browser or rename the tour and offer a different link.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by mmetzing on February-26-2012 at 12:11pm
mmetzing
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-22-2012
22 Posts

The images were 4000x2000 but they werent done for the web. They have been done now but I'm not sure how to make the music play softer though. I have Audacity software that somehow does it but havent learned that yet.

http://picturedevents.com/uticain/etourvision_Project11.html

Does this load faster for you? It is a different web address now too.

-------------
mmetzing

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register