Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 2 questions - popup & FOV Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by WideEyes on February-24-2012 at 9:17am
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts
Hello everyone.

I have a few TW questions. Can you guys perhaps help me?

1) I was wondering if it is possible to link a pop-up window to a certain scene?
When you enter a scene I want to display a popup window.

I know it is possible to add a hotspot (an arrow for instance) and assign an action to open a popup window. But what if someone enters a scene from the tumbnail box?

2) The initial FOV is limited to 120. Is it possible somehow to change that to perhaps 150 or another value?

regards
Morten

Message posted by funkens on February-24-2012 at 10:09am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
@ cheer!
funny how Morten has the exact same question as i have just five minutes later!

greets and hope something is possible on this.

Message posted by WideEyes on February-25-2012 at 8:32am
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts
@ Funkes

Yes that is funny :) I hadn't seen your topic, but it would surely be nice to do something like this...

I too hope there is a solution. Otherwise I will have to make the thumbnails manually and assign an action to each of them.

regards
Morten

Message posted by madmux on February-25-2012 at 3:07pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
To answer the first question...
Yes, that is possible, but you need to code that behavior. TW7 (and 6) provide API which fires event upon changing the scene. So - it doesn't matter you you proceed by clicking hotspot or thumbnail.
That event provides scene name which is being loaded. If that name is the one you need to open popup, then you use API to call openpopupwindow(name).
In short - it is doable, but it requires as3 coding skills. If you really (i mean - not just for fun) need this functionality i might help.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by madmux on February-26-2012 at 7:21am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Well, i experimented a bit on this one and it didn't go as smooth as i expected. The problem is that viewer doesn't call scene changing event on other flash applicatons, just on Flash thumbnail application :/
Not good at all as this is essential for making a lot of plugins. I'll ask about it in another thread - maybe Cheer will help.
So if you want this functionality, you must use and edit a bit flash thumbnail app which is provided. I made this functionality applying such behavior: every popup you need to be opened upon specific scene, you need to name by your scene name + "_intro" suffix; upon entering the scene last intro type popup is closed authonaticaly and new one is opened.
You may try it here:
http://proin.ktu.lt/~tomablaz/autopup/
You can try to enter second scene with auto popup using several methods:
* wait to switch authomaticaly after rotating around;
* use flash thumbnail icons
* use hotspots.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by smooth on February-26-2012 at 9:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by madmux on February-26-2012
- maybe Cheer will help.

Re Cheer: See thread

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by funkens on February-27-2012 at 1:55am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Madmux,

Thanks for looking into this.
For me it would really mean a very big step forward. Personally i would prefer to be able to use at least three alternatives of navigation and it just is impossible to connect all buttons with popups.

what about life after cheer, will it still be possible to find a way of connecting scenes to popups?

or is it just by flashthumbnails?

Thanx for your research!

Message posted by funkens on February-27-2012 at 3:54am
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
just in general, how come radars do not have actions?

Message posted by WideEyes on February-27-2012 at 3:55am
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts
Hi Madmux

Thank you for your help with this.
I don't understand the technical part, but I am annoyed that it isn't a standard feature in TW. I have used other software packages for a couple of years now, and it is more or less standard in all other tour building software packages... strange...

It is the same issue as with a couple of other small - but to me important features. Like setting the FOV higher than 120...

Thank you so much for your efforts. Can I also ask you how I can use this feature now? Do you sell it as a plug-in or ..... ?

regards
Morten

Message posted by funkens on February-27-2012 at 5:08am
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Madmux,
Since we are on about it, and you being our lead into the mysteries of scripts/programming/magic, could it be possible to insert code that enables weblinks in the "text area" function!
This would at least enable some kind of scene connected interaction. For me the textareas then would actually make up for the popups. They would have almost the same functions then as popups....almost.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register