Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver 6.5 and Flash VR Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Max99 on March-04-2012 at 11:50am
View Max99's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Max99 Search   Quote Max99 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
I have a TW Virtual Tour that consists of a Scene Viewing Window with 6 Thumb Nails below. Publishing as an "exe" file and it runs ok. I am now trying to put on to my Website using Serif Webplus. I have copied the html code that easypano generates from Flash VR...pasted this into Webplus together with the supporting files...then tried to preview in a browser.

I get ALL the text and ALL the thumbnails(complete with images), but nothing in the place where the Scene Viewer should be. When I click on one of the Thumbnails I get a Green Loading Bar above where the Scene Window would be.

I tried another Flash VR of a simple TW file with just 1 Panorama...No Thumbnails etc..Still NO Scene. The latter was done thinking it was a File Size Issue.

Please can someone help me to resolve

Message posted by smooth on March-04-2012 at 12:02pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The .html page created from Serif Webplus that "now" has the code that Tourweaver produces MUST be placed within the same directory as the original Tourweaver HTML files (creation directory). "If" that upsets Serif Webplus linking to other files/pages (no doubt it will!) then you MUST move "all" the published files that Tourweaver generates into the directory/folder that the Serif Webplus requires the created .html webpage.

The upshot is, you cannot upset the file structure.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Message posted by Max99 on March-05-2012 at 3:28pm
View Max99's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Max99 Search   Quote Max99 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
Many Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

Message posted by Max99 on March-12-2012 at 12:28pm
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
I have tried everything but nothing works!. When you select publish Flash VR from the Publish Menu it creates 2 Yellow Folders: Flash and SWF. I am still not clear on which one to use. I have just use the contents of the Flash one.

In the Flash Folder there is 2 html Browser ones, one contains the Code and a "small set"(not the Full set) of supporting files. When I preview my site all I get is a 10% Progress Bar displayed! and nothing else. If I use the full set of supporting files and the code I get everything on my preview page except the contents of my TW Scene Window!

I have checked my Browser with other Flash Files and there is nothing wrong with it.

I am new to the concept of embedding "Flash" and perhaps you could give me a Link where I can find "help for beginners". I have found no problems embedding Quicktime MOV Files....Just Flash ones generated with TW 6.5.

Message posted by vilmer on March-12-2012 at 9:08pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
Download the latest version of TW 6.5

-------------

Message posted by Max99 on March-13-2012 at 5:41am
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
I checked this morning and I am already running the latest version 6.50 110801, confirmed by trying to do an update.

I shall be on vacation from tomorrow for 18 days.

Message posted by Max99 on October-03-2012 at 7:49am
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
After following the points that Smooth suggested. I previewed my site in Webplus X5 and clicked on the html link generated by Tourweaver the green progress bar stops at 10%.

In April this year I found an alternative way of putting my Panoramas onto my website using Pano2VR it generates a single *.smf file that works everytime with Webplus and uploads to my website OK.

But now I have a requirement to place a "still Image" jpg with Hotspots, linked to images etc. Currently my only work around is to embed the exe file that TW generates onto my website for people to download and view. I do not think that for security reasons this is good practice.

So I must resolve my original issue. Why is it that the smf files that TW generates do not work when Pano2VR does!

Message posted by smooth on October-03-2012 at 9:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
First things first.

You are asking about .swf files not .smf
.swf is known as a swiff file.
Now make 100% sure you are using the very latest build of Tourweaver. Download and install NOW! Do not reply on checking updates. Go straight to the website download for the latest build.

Pano2VR is capable of producing a self contained .swf file and so is Tourweaver. This not the way though to publish a tour for online viewing. Easypano have not designed it that way.

You are expected to publish via either:
Automatic Flash/HTML5
Flash VR
HTML5

Lets assume you are going to publish in "Flash" only you select the Flash VR output option in Tourweaver Publish Options.

Once published you have a folder that contains everything to make the tour work.

Double clicking to open the panorama tour with either of the HTML files created. 1. Will open with code 2. Will open the tour on it's own page (this is the file you want).

So check that the tour is working. If yes, you can now move onto how to place this panorama tour within your website.

You say you are publishing with Webplus X5.
So you already have a website. Do you know where the files for this website are locally on your local computer? If so, make a copy of the folder that Tourweaver created that contains the working panorama tour. Place this copy into your Webplus X5 website you have already made.

Now to place this panorama tour into a page made with Webplus X5.
You first select the page of your website you wish to publish to. Now select the "Framed Document Tool" and draw the frame on your webpage where you would like the panorama tour to be displayed.

In the "Framed Document" window select "File" then using the File Path: Browse button browse to and select the .html file that Tourweaver created that has your full panorama (not the HTML code page). Select the check box "Embed File into site". De-select any other options and choose Scroll Bars: "No".

Save and publish your webpage.

Upload all contents to your web server. (Make sure all files get uploaded, so that they match what you have locally).

It took me less than 3 minutes to make a working example using Webplus x2 (I assume Webplus x5 is very similar).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Max99 on October-07-2012 at 7:11am
Max99
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-29-2011
8 Posts
Smooth,

Many thanks for coming back to me. While I was waiting for your reply I found the Knowledge Base info that you put on the easypano Website - Article ID 381.

I did as suggested and using Filezilla uploaded ALL the Flash VR files directly to my server(website) and NOT through Webplus. I then went back to Webplus and the page that I wanted the Panorama on and created an html link to a local copy of the Tourweaver html file, choose embed into site.

Now when I go to my Website it ALL works at last!!! and Tourweaver is displayed correctly. When I next update my Webplus I will try the Framed Document Tool option you suggested to get my Panorama to display correctly within a Frame!.

My perserverence finally paid off. Many thanks again for ALL your postings on this Subject.

Max

Message posted by smooth on October-07-2012 at 12:49pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hi Max,

Yes, I doubt WebPlus would upload the sundry files automatically. It is shown the HTML file and acknowledges that but the sundry files it would have no association with. (HTML file and files generated by Tourweaver).

This is why I stated you should compare the files and structure on the server with your local files.

Most people do not rely on an editing program as their FTP Client for just his reason. You can use a file browser to upload as you have discovered but this is not optimal or desirable either.

Look to use a FTP Client like FileZilla (Free), CoffeeCup FTP or Cute FTP etc.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register