Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Different starting points for one tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by seba_g on March-18-2012 at 10:28am
View seba_g's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seba_g Search   Visit seba_g's Homepage www   Quote seba_g Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
Hello,
I have a client that wants his tour start at not always the beginning like outside of the hotel, but in few specific scenes like:
-a link to start the tour normally from outside
-a link to start the tour in a specific room,
-a link to start tour in the restaurant etc.
But all done with the one same tour, no linking between 2 or more tours, I want this in one publish.

Is it possible with TW 6.5 / 7? How can I do this?

-------------
Wirtualne Spacery Wirtualne Wycieczki Panoramy 360

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2012 at 11:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Create separate movie tracks and assign them to buttons/graphics. Place these buttons on an intro page with a background image (or similar).

Pretty easy thing to do, once you understand movie tracks.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by seba_g on March-19-2012 at 5:03am
View seba_g's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seba_g Search   Visit seba_g's Homepage www   Quote seba_g Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
No no, I don't want buttons on starting screen. It must be done in a way that the viewer starts the tour at the place he's looking at, without the need of him to chosing the starting point himself.

I need more like links that are different href /script / whatever links that can be put into <html> code that will run the tour from the specific point in the tour.. is it even possible? If not I would go with button way I guess.

What client wants is link on hotel website: in restaurant page that start a tour in the restaurant (which normally would start at the entrance in the hotel), a link in room page that would start a tour (same one) in the exact room, lounge, etc. without the need of clicking any buttons on start screen, just clicking the link on the website opens the tour and redirects to a specific scene as the first scene that will show up.

-------------

Message posted by funkens on March-19-2012 at 5:29am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
what you are talking about is called deeplinking, Madmux made it work with earlier versions of TW.
here you can see his post.

Message posted by madmux on March-19-2012 at 11:55am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Yep - that's easy now with TW7. You just create links kind of:
http:\\www.yoursite.com\yourtour\index.html?firstscene=lounge

With script it is also easy to do if the option above is not sufficient for your case.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by seba_g on March-19-2012 at 12:38pm
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
Awesome work madmux! Again you're doing great things that I think should be in TW as standard already:)

I still have TW 6.5 and I tried with adding "?firstscene=xxxx" method but it doesn't work with this version I guess..
Or do you need to do something more than only put this "?firstscene=" in the address? Did I miss something?

I think I need to try your older way, but I see it takes long time to export many versions of the same tour and copy each config files into one project... and if all it takes in TW7 to put "?firstscene=xxxx" then I think I need to upgrade:)

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

-------------

Message posted by Vemvirtual on March-19-2012 at 12:46pm
View Vemvirtual's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vemvirtual Search   Quote Vemvirtual Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vemvirtual
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
February-23-2012
44 Posts
Play attention seba!!

See some topics about tw7 before upgrade to!!

It's very important.

Message posted by madmux on March-19-2012 at 2:59pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
With TW7 is easy as EP provides now javascript interface to their API. Something similar i've done for TW5 - TW6.5 versions as plugin. Didn't finished as production plugin it as i thought EP should do it to overcome some problems.
Now i have a couple of ideas. If you have that project and you seriously need to accomplish that - i might look into finishing deeplink for TW6.5.

Message posted by seba_g on March-20-2012 at 10:12am
seba_g
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
January-14-2011
23 Posts
Vemvirtual yea I'm concerned about all those errors, even concerned when upgrading to newer builds of 6.5 as one time few months ago the update changed the final player twviewer.swf file in a way that I can't access my older projects with new build of TW 6.5 because after exporting the tour doesn't work at all...

So yea I still hesitate to upgrade to something that doesn't work.. and the solutions to the problems are not updated by Easypano for long time..
The beta should be out for longer time and Easypano should have fixed all issues before releasing final version.. but they did what they did..

Madmux I will contact you when the project will start if I need your support so we can talk about it.

Thanks

-------------

Message posted by interactive360 on May-31-2012 at 9:15am
View interactive360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by interactive360 Search   Quote interactive360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
interactive360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-23-2008
11 Posts
I tried out adding "?firstscene=xxxx" to the end of the link and ran into some problems. It works fine if you have already loaded the tour before, but if you have it directed to a specific scene and the tour has never loaded before it goes to a blank/white tour. Everything else loads fine, but the scene doesn't show up. Could I be doing something wrong? FYI - I was only using the trial version because I am nervous to upgrade to TW7 because of the issues its been having... not sure if this could be playing a part in the reason its not working or not. I really would like to be able to deep link as it would really benefit a few of my clients. Thanks.

-------------
interactive360

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register