Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: export movie to iPad Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by willie on March-21-2012 at 6:21am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

What "movie" export option will play on an iPad. There are a number of options includinf image size and frame rate etc. So has anyone done this? and what are the best settings to select?

Thanks
Willie

Message posted by leescott on March-21-2012 at 7:15am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

Willie

I did a swf file and used a SWF player on the iPad

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by Vemvirtual on March-21-2012 at 3:48pm
View Vemvirtual's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vemvirtual Search   Quote Vemvirtual Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vemvirtual
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
February-23-2012
44 Posts
installing swf player on ipad works to me too.
I have an other question.

Can I put into scene viewer a video's perspective and it will play also on ipad?

Message posted by willie on March-21-2012 at 9:14pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Lee &/or Vemvirtual,
Can you give me more information about which player you are using? and your comments about how it works for you.
Also I note that the only way to create a SWF file is through the usual Publish route. I didn't think this would work on an iPad except for html5 so I assumed the only way would be by using the Export Video option in the Movie REC panel.

Thanks,
Willie

Message posted by Vemvirtual on March-22-2012 at 1:46pm
View Vemvirtual's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vemvirtual Search   Quote Vemvirtual Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vemvirtual
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
February-23-2012
44 Posts
We are wrong. Sorry willie.

This issue is not available to ipads (Apple). Other tablets (as those of samsung) can running swf player and html5 format.

We are confusing. Probably... we are calling tablets as if all kind was called as ipad.

I also don't know if there is some way to installing swf on ipads by Apple

Message posted by Brazil_Business on March-22-2012 at 10:27pm
View Brazil_Business's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brazil_Business Search   Visit Brazil_Business's Homepage www   Quote Brazil_Business Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brazil_Business
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
December-13-2011
110 Posts

Hi all

Just to clear all the comments up. Ipad uses html5 not flash so swf will not work on iPad,iPhone or any equipment from the apple family.

As far as Androids Tablets go. Yes they use flash software so, yes swf will work on android

However, I have found that android is not reading TW7 tours and appears as a black or white screen. Android works for TW 6.5. It is a bug that is Easypanos end and its they that will have to sort it,so we will have to wait.

I am not sure,but i think its the change from flash player 9 to 11 that is the problem as 11 allows you to view "3d" imagery and maybe this is the reason why we are not able to view the tours on android.

TIP- if you use your android for presentation purposes for your potential clients, use tw 6,5. You will have no problem

TW 6.5 usse flash player9

TW 7 uses flash player 11

Hope that helps

Message posted by willie on March-23-2012 at 3:32am
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Thanks everyone for your comments. I suspected all along there would be no way to display a SWF based tour on the ipad, however that wasn't my original question. I was asking what MOVIE export option would work on the ipad, ie Width/Height setting, MPEG format (there is a lot to choose from the drop down list) and Frame Rate.

Thanks and keep posting your comments!

Willie

Message posted by smooth on March-23-2012 at 5:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Find the native screen resolution of the device you wish to cater for and output at that size. PAL is 30fps and NTSC is 24fps See link

If you wish to cater for all you will have to output at the highest of the screen resolution you wish to cater for. Though it will increase the file size.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by leescott on March-23-2012 at 8:58am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts

yes true I was thinking of an issue with SWF on my mobile device and it was my Android.

There is a app called iSwifter that plays flash but it only uses a WiFi connection currently , but it will play flash content (give it a try)

But I do have a solution for iPad/iPhone devices but it's another product other than TW, but it's not in competition with EP because it is not HTML5.

If you're interested PM me and I'll let you know what it is

Lee

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register