Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tour is Suddenly Crashing Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by selfmade648562 on April-17-2012 at 5:13pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
I am at a complete loss for what is happening, this is a complete mystery to me.

I created a tour about a year ago. Everything has always worked perfectly on it. I was recently showing a potential client some of our demos and when I attempted to run the tour, it crashed. My first thought was that some malicious script had been injected into the tour files, however, when attempting to load the tour straight from my pc, the same thing happened, flash crashed.

After crashing on my machine I thought that maybe it was my pc that was infected so I started up one of my older machines that I don't use. This older machine is the original machine that I initially created that same tour from so I thought that I would just use the original files located on that machine.....however, when attempting to run the tour on the older machine, the tour crashes.

I have no idea what the hell happened. All of my other tours are just fine. It's just this particular tour that suddenly started having issues with. You can see the tour here: demo tour

If anyone has any idea of what is going on it would be greatly appreciated if you would share your thoughts with me.

Thanks!!

UPDATE!

I wrote my hosting providers which have always gone out of their way to assist me and they said that:

"It seems that problem is related to the flash plugin version on the desktop side. We've tried to open this page in different browsers and on different computers. And it mostly failed to open this page on the PCs with more recent a flash player version.

This is not a server related problem. You should contact your developers to check the issue with the different flash versions compatibility and fix it."

Message posted by willie on April-17-2012 at 8:42pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

can't offer any solution (yet) but I also tried loading your tour with Firefox and Opera. Firefox loaded to 100% then displayed a white screen. Opera also loaded the tour to 100% then proceeded to run the tour normally. So until a solution is found, I suggest demoing your tour with the Opera browser.

UPDATE: turns out that opera only run the tour once. after that it also crashed, however it did run ok on the Lunascape 6 browser. I would recommend sending your working files to EP support to investigate

Message posted by leescott on April-17-2012 at 8:48pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
selfmade,

Very nice tour BTW...

I was able to run it in IE 9, and also in Firefox 3.6.10 with the flash ver of 11.0. And view the tour and slideshow

Though it crashed on me in Google Chrome with a Shockwave error

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by selfmade648562 on April-17-2012 at 9:19pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks for taking a look at this and thanks for the compliment! From what I can gather it seems that there has been glitch in the time reality continuum ;-)

It's so very odd that even the originally rendered tour located on a pc that I no longer use, is also crashing.

I honestly don't think that this has anything to do with the Tourweaver program itself since all my other tours load absolutely perfect.

Absolutely bizarre. I really liked showcasing that tour :-)

Message posted by leescott on April-18-2012 at 5:29am
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Selfmade,

Check the following ( a oldie but goodie) twviewer.swf
Check to see what the date and time stamp is on this file
tw ver 7 dated 2/2/2012 at 337kb
tw ver 6.5 dated 11/14/2011 at 236kb

See which one is on the demo tour (rename) the file and copy in the TW7 one 1st then try the TW 6.5 if that fails

Just a thought

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register