Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: HTML5 and Flash on same page Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on April-28-2012 at 7:21pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Hi there,
I've searched through the manual but can't find what I do here;

I use a website builder which lets me copy html code and paste it onto my website. When I publish a flash tour embedded into my page I do this;

1 - Publish the tour in tourweaver
2 - upload files to my server
3 - copy the html code from the published files
4 - paste into my website
5 - republish my website
6 - the flash tour works

I don't know what I do with a TW7 tour published in both html5 and flash.

When I publish this I get a folder which has _auto, inside this it has three things - a flash folder, an html5 folder and an html page.

What do I have to do to get a tour on my page which can run html5 or flash? What code do I put in and where do I get this which will let my end-user access the tour on this page on flash or html5?

Many thanks,
Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2012 at 1:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You use the .html file that is in the _auto folder.

This is the html that loads and detects what viewer is being used (if) iDevice it loads the HTML5 if Flash Player is installed it will delivery the html file within the Flash folder.

So, you must add the _auto html code to your web page and upload both the HTML5 and Flash folders and all contents.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-29-2012 at 7:27am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Thanks as ever Smooth. I think I'm still doing something wrong and would appreciate any pointers from anyone.

Here's what I'm doing now...
1/ Publish tour
2/ Open the _auto file and upload the contents to the server
(as the contents - not as the _auto file folder itself).
3/ Open the html as notepad and copy the text - it looks like this

<html>
    <head>
         <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Tourweaver">
      <title>Virtual Tour Created By Easypano</title>
    </head>
    <body>
      <script type="text/javascript">
                    var _url="";
                    var _bi=window.navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
                    if(_bi.indexOf("iphone")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipad")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipod")>0) _url="html5/Sciennes%20Primary%20School%20Virtual%20Tour%20with%20text.html";
                    else _url="flash/sciennes_Sciennes%20Primary%20School%20Virtual%20Tour%20with%20text.html";
                    window.location.href=_url;
      </script>
    </body>
</html>

4/ I paste this into the html code box on my website BUT it comes up with this message;

The <tag number doesn't correspond to the >tag number. Do you want to proceed anyway?

5/ When I try to get the webpage, all that happens is that I get the tour published by easypano (which works in both ipad and on flash PC) BUT none of the webpage I made using my website appears. All I get is the skin and tour I made in EP.

Any suggestions as to what I have to do to get this embbedded into my webpage rather than replacing it?
Many thanks as always.
Forrest

-------------

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2012 at 8:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You ONLY place this code within your web page (between your web page's existing body tags):

<script type="text/javascript">
var _url="";
var _bi=window.navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
if(_bi.indexOf("iphone")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipad")>0 || _bi.indexOf("ipod")>0) _url="html5/Sciennes%20Primary%20School%20Virtual%20Tour%20with%20text.html";
else _url="flash/sciennes_Sciennes%20Primary%20School%20Virtual%20Tour%20with%20text.html";
window.location.href=_url;
</script>

Unless you are doing it via an iFrame.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2012 at 8:46am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

As another point:

You should NEVER leave spaces in file names. These spaces when naming should always be replace with an underscore or dash.

This Is Bad.html

this_is_better.html

Otherwise you end up with %20 being added and potentially breaking your links.

Regards, Smooth[8D]

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-29-2012 at 3:08pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Hi again,
Still no joy with this - spoke to one of my technical friends and it seems that the html code is changing to suit html5 or flash but changes the whole page to one of the two different urls that the tour created
hence why the rest of the webpage is being forgotten about

-------------

Message posted by leescott on April-29-2012 at 3:19pm
View leescott's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leescott Search   Visit leescott's Homepage www   Quote leescott Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leescott
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
November-10-2008
314 Posts
Forrest

See this link and hopefully it will make it clear what you need to do
Flash & HTML5
Hope this helps
Generally I rename the Html FIle that opens the tour to INDEX as seen in the abve link

See my post for "Message posted by leescott on August-08-2011 at 2:11pm "

-------------
Lee Scott - Nikon D3/D300/D5000 - |shaved Nikkor 10.5 mm| Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod /322RC2 Grip - Mrotator TCS |CS5 | PW7 & TW6.5 Pro
----
To err is human ... to not try is just plain lazy

Message posted by smooth on April-29-2012 at 11:51pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

As I don't know the program you use as a HTML editor/compiler.

An iframe is the answer. The iframe will carry all the external pano pages via a window (iframe) within your current web page. An iframe is basically a hole within your current web page that is filled with another web page of your choice. (In this case, your Tourweaver web pages)

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register