Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Bugs Bugs Bugs Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Fizzwizz on July-26-2004 at 5:05pm
View Fizzwizz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fizzwizz Search   Visit Fizzwizz's Homepage www   Quote Fizzwizz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

I have to bite my tongue when I come onto this forum. Is it me or has anyne else noticed what seems like an endless list of bugs in this software? Correct me if I'm wrong but have I just paid $1,000 for beta standard software?

Anyway ... here is the latest.

TW1.25

Play/Pause button and Scene jump buttons do not work when published, works in viewer.

Any explanation?

Money back please?

-------------
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't

Message posted by hlehtine on July-26-2004 at 6:29pm
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzwizz on July-26-2004

TW1.25

Play/Pause button and Scene jump buttons do not work when published, works in viewer.

Any explanation?

Money back please?

Well both worked fine for me... published just locally however, how about you?

What browser and JVM do you use? Mine are the usual ones: IE6 and MS JVM.

- Hans

Message posted by Fizzwizz on July-26-2004 at 8:51pm
View Fizzwizz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fizzwizz Search   Visit Fizzwizz's Homepage www   Quote Fizzwizz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

I am using sun java.

Have some other issues too ... like au files I create with sox don't work when published (for me) yet work locally.

Has TW been tested with sun?

-------------

Message posted by eagle on July-26-2004 at 9:04pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi fizzwizz,

It could be related to sun java.  I have no problems with it so far.

r,
eagle

Message posted by Fizzwizz on July-26-2004 at 9:17pm
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

Nope .. had someone else look at my tour and it is broken.

I think the error is due to upgrading. The original tour was created with 1.2

When I opened the pano with 1.25 one of the buttons was changed  which didn't inspire confidence. I would imagine there maybe some confict maybe with the declaration of variables between the versions. ... but surely that would be a mistake only made by amatuers? ... Hmmmm

Money back please?

-------------

Message posted by hlehtine on July-27-2004 at 1:58am
View hlehtine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by hlehtine Search   Visit hlehtine's Homepage www   Quote hlehtine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
hlehtine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Finland
May-29-2002
30 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Fizzwizz on July-26-2004

Nope .. had someone else look at my tour and it is broken.

I think the error is due to upgrading. The original tour was created with 1.2

When I opened the pano with 1.25 one of the buttons was changed  which didn't inspire confidence. I would imagine there maybe some confict maybe with the declaration of variables between the versions. ... but surely that would be a mistake only made by amatuers? ... Hmmmm

Money back please?

Well THAT could be a reason to worry about, if upgrading does that kind of things...

- Hans

Message posted by RuddersUK on July-27-2004 at 6:02am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
animated gifs dont work properly, links dont work properly, java viewer is very unstable etc etc etc the list goes on and on... You would expect the sort of problems we are all having would be in a pre v1 beta version, not this far down the line. come on easypano we have invested in you and trusted you. sort it out please!

Message posted by Fizzwizz on July-27-2004 at 6:15am
Fizzwizz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
April-20-2004
67 Posts

Well, it seems tourweaver is causing me real problems. Beware users, this software is poorly cross compatable.

It seems that the problem is that the published applet does not like to be displayed on the same page as another applet. I have noticed strange errors before when trying to display more than one image using ptviewer (read previous forum)

It turns out that if you display an applet with ptviewer and an applet with twviewer on the same page conflicts occur.

Also I have been having another site based issue that I thought was unrelated. I have a small php script in my headers to set cookies based on selections made on the site. I have been noticing that the cookies get sent twice. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to solve the problem which totally eluded me. It turns out that if I remove the ptviewer pano from the page everything returns to normal. This applet in some way is sending the page headers out twice. Now that is a bug of huge significance

These bugs make the manipulation of TW into dynamic pages almost impossible. I am now forced to go elsewhere for my virtual tour solution after paying easypano a fortune.

It is opinion that this software is very poorly written and poorly tested (if tested at all). The structure of the software suggests to me that this project has never been through a planning stage. To date I have lost $1000's in programming time trying to solve stupid issues with tourweaver.

I believe this software should return to beta status or be released as freeware. ... so .. Give me my money back please!

-------------

Message posted by smooth on July-27-2004 at 12:48pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I'm interested to see why you would have a ptviewer applet and a twviewer applet on the same page?

But what I really would like to know is what software you now plan to use to achieve this correctly!

Would seem to me that there are indeed some small bugs that will be resolved over time and I'm sure these will be free updates for registered users. (As they have been in the past!) The "Trial Version" is where you should have figured these issue's out, before purchase I would have thought! But there are many, many people and professional businesses that use Tour Weaver with great success.

These are just my observations!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by zjoker on July-27-2004 at 1:15pm
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

I'm sorry, but at the risk of taking sides with one member over another, I would have to agree with smooth. I am not sure the advantage tourweaver was going to give you in your need of running more than 1 applet on the same page. In general, 2 java scripts on the same page dont like each other. Maybe you can set your published tourweaver product to show in a chromless frame within your main page..This would maybe seperate the 2 scripts from conflict...?

I think maybe the things you are calling bugs are simply conflicts with scripts, not bugs.

Just a thought...I am going back to my nap now.

regards, zjoker

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register