Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: YouTube Video inside of Tour Weaver Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ravenfan1976 on June-18-2012 at 10:43am
View ravenfan1976's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ravenfan1976 Search   Visit ravenfan1976's Homepage www   Quote ravenfan1976 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ravenfan1976
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-15-2012
2 Posts
I am trying to place a youtube video inside the my TW tour. The video pops up and has the youTube logo bottom right but only comes up as a black screen. I know the URL is correct. Does any body have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Chad

Message posted by smooth on June-18-2012 at 1:37pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It doesn't work.

Easypano has been told, but we haven't had a fix or an answer to the issue.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by ravenfan1976 on July-13-2012 at 10:24am
View ravenfan1976's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ravenfan1976 Search   Visit ravenfan1976's Homepage www   Quote ravenfan1976 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ravenfan1976
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-15-2012
2 Posts
Thank you Smooth. Support was able to help me. The problem was I was adding the whole url (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008ec8tLXUk) of the youtube file where I should of only adding the youtube sharing number(008ec8tLXUk).

The only problem that I am having now is that the you tube video sound automatically plays without clicking on the media popup button. Any ideas?

thanks again
chad

Message posted by smooth on July-13-2012 at 10:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, I believe that is a work around. Previously I'm sure it worked correctly without audio starting automatically.

This is something I still class as a BUG and in need of correction.

The instructions should also be added to the Tourweaver Help/User Guide.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by tvoller on August-30-2012 at 4:23pm
View tvoller's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tvoller Search   Quote tvoller Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tvoller
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2012
5 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by ravenfan1976 on July-13-2012

The only problem that I am having now is that the you tube video sound automatically plays without clicking on the media

This appears to still be a problem. If this is the case, it makes the use of YouTube videos unavailable. Is this correct? We are very much wanting to use TourWeaver for our virtual tour software, but this is one of two issues I am having.

I also am having problems with some/many fonts (including our main font) not rendering in the tour. The font is in the font folder and it works in other programs on my computer. However it (along with many other fonts ... TrueType AND OpenType) are not working.

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2012 at 12:29am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I still can't get YouTube to work so I still class it as "non available" and a bug.

As for your font issue. You are "always" better to convert text to graphics. Tourweaver has never displayed fonts very well. If you need or want transparencies use .png24 varient.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tvoller on August-31-2012 at 11:30am
View tvoller's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tvoller Search   Quote tvoller Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tvoller
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2012
5 Posts
Thanks, Smooth. I appreciate the advice. We are looking to build a very extensive VT of our two college campuses, and I was simply going to use the text option to provide descriptions of each scene. However, it looks like I will probably need to create the descriptions in Photoshop and import them into TW. Not the end of the world ... just more work.

Ignorant question on the videos. We'd like to have videos associated with many of the VT scenes. Because I don't know how/when the flash videos are loaded, do I need to be concerned about a very slow load speed at the beginning of the tour? Or, do the videos each just load as needed? If the latter, that pretty much removes the need for the YouTube option.

I have had quite a bit of back and forth with EP. And, although response times do vary a bit, they (Jack, etc.) have been very friendly and accommodating. They are aware of the YouTube problem.

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2012 at 11:43am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
At this stage you will read and find a lot of frustrated comments about Easypano. Many bugs are to be ironed out and in many ways TW7.0 appears to be a backward step over TW6.5. Sure we all like to get new options but more important is to fix bugs that are preexisting before introducing more new bugs to the party.

Of course not everything is Easypano's fault. Goal posts are continually moved by the browser developers and the ever evolving mobile market.

Basically Touweaver downloads the "Skin and First Scene" before displaying. Once this has happened all other objects start to download in the background. You should be cautious of Video file size unless you find a way to stream it. Which can be done using 3rd Party software like those offered by www.increditools.com

Be aware this is fine for Flash. But hardly useful for Apple Safari HTML5 tours.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tvoller on September-01-2012 at 11:04am
tvoller
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2012
5 Posts
Smooth,

I was looking for the "Like" button. Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register