Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: API For Flash Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by areimer on June-19-2012 at 1:10am
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts
I am wondering if there has been any progress on the API for flash depreciation issue. I have been putting together some projects for a good client, incorporating Google maps, only to discover as I thought I was nearing completion, that the API Keys are no longer being generated. One solution might be for EP to negotiate some kind of agreement with Google to provide Keys to EP clients as they do continue to support previously registered API keys.
Is there any hope for a solution in the near future or is this a dead end? Any wisdom out there? Please!!

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by smooth on June-19-2012 at 3:46am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I not sure that even the supported older Flash keys are going to remain supported?

The answer seems to switch to Bing maps.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by areimer on June-19-2012 at 6:05pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts
Google says that they will continue to support the Flash Keys until 2015. For them to issue more keys is not difficult but only a matter of having the will to do so.
Has EP made an attempt to negotiate this?
Bing doesn't seem to have access yet to the same quality of image data.
I guess the next casualty to obsolescence will be Flash itself.

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by smooth on June-19-2012 at 11:57pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I can't answer on behalf of Easypano. You are best to contact them direct support@easypano.com

As for Flash becoming obsolete, not anytime soon. In fact the opposite I believe will be true.

Regards, Smooth  [8D]

Message posted by madmux on June-20-2012 at 7:31am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
I believe that EP is too small company to be able to make any influence to strategic google plans.
BTW, i decided not to use dynamic maps (Bing or google) at all. It doesn't add much to the static maps (which you can grab from google maps) and requires internet connection which might be not allways available.
If one needs some specific features like driving directions - i'll use iframe/javascript solution for that.

Best wishes,
MadMux

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register