Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: cache refresh issue! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by funkens on July-11-2012 at 9:13am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Does anyone have tips about this?

My problem:
uploaded a tour called xxx
got some corrections and made new version with same name.
replaced the xxx with new version. The webadres did not change.
Now client still is seeing the old version, when i check with refreshed cache i see the new version, same if i use different pc, i see the new version.

Anyone know how to make others see the new version?
Thanx for any advice

Message posted by pixelator on July-11-2012 at 9:36am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Clear Cache

Share the link with your client and have them select the browser link they are using.

Message posted by funkens on July-11-2012 at 10:44am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Pixelator!

Thanks for the link, i suggest the same,
Unfortunately they (client) believe this way is not satisfying. As they say viewers will not do it like this.
They complain viewers watched it the first time will always keep seeing the old version.

any other tips?

Message posted by smooth on July-11-2012 at 11:38am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Typically Ctrl+F5 will refresh the HTML page but may not help with a complete tour.

It is never a good idea to upload "corrections" to the same directory/naming.

You "could" remove from the server and have the viewing attempt to call the tour (that is now gone) and this should purge the old away. Then upload the new and have them check back.

Cache can be very difficult to overcome if people don't co-operate. Always better to rename and maybe write or add an auto re-direct to the new page.

Putting all "local" cache aside, you also can other cache issues when the ISP that the viewer uses to connect to the Internet can cache your pages on their server and this is delivered to the client, even though you have updated and they have cleared their local cache the ISP keeps providing old data. Typically ISP purge cache only once or twice a week. Neither YOU nor the CLIENT has any control over this.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Brazil_Business on July-11-2012 at 12:32pm
View Brazil_Business's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brazil_Business Search   Visit Brazil_Business's Homepage www   Quote Brazil_Business Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brazil_Business
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
December-13-2011
110 Posts
Simply rename your link.

Uploading to the same directory is not a good idea.

Rename the directory and your will dodge any possible problems like what you are experiencing atm

-------------
Hope That Helps
http://www.thebrazilbusinessdirectory.com

Message posted by pixelator on July-11-2012 at 12:55pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Once a page is indexed it's cached.

Only way I would know how to correct it is to have an open popup when the tour loads with instructions on clearing browser cache. Other than that once your changes are made and final publish with a new file name.

Message posted by funkens on July-12-2012 at 5:28am
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
in my case there were some printed qr's referring directly there, so just renaming wouldnt be so nice.

Rename and autoredirect it will be, thanks for the input!

Message posted by madmux on July-13-2012 at 4:14pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
You may try to insert a couple of instructions inside html <head> part:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

which tell your browser not to cache things (and most likely - not to use already cached ones).

Of course - loosing cache in such the applications as tours is not a very nice thing, but at least your customer will be happy. I suggest to enable cache after a week or two.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by funkens on July-16-2012 at 9:52am
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
wow,

I erased all the content from the original folder, added a new html redirect, pointed the html to a new folder with different name, inside that folder new tour with different name.
Also added madmux's clear cache codes to the html

Still client somehow visits the old foldername with the old tour, though it fysically does not even exist!

Of course when i try to connect everything works fine.
ISP trouble or did i do it wrong by keeping the old folder and putting a html redirect inside it?

Thanx for ur input on this!

Message posted by smooth on July-16-2012 at 10:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by funkens on July-16-2012
or did i do it wrong by keeping the old folder and putting a html redirect inside it?

That will be the issue. Change the folder name.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register