Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: No More Flash! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on August-15-2012 at 10:18am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Flash Is Dead, RIP!

The sooner developers get on board, the sooner we (the end users) will have a working products.

It's not like we didn't see it coming!

Message posted by smooth on August-15-2012 at 11:25am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You are talking Android mobile devices only.

Flash is NOT dead. Your PC and MAC will be running Flash for years to come.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on August-15-2012 at 1:36pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Flash is Dead, Mate!
You have an opinion and I have mine.

People are no longer running home to plop down in front of the desktop. They have what they want instantly in the palm of their hand. "Your PC and MAC" will no longer have a place in the home in a few years much less running Flash for years to come.

With what is happening in the mobile industry, developers better start taking note. At this point I would welcome back TW 1.3, java ran on everything and still does.

I'm longer drinking the Kool-Aid

Message posted by madmux on August-24-2012 at 6:07am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Flash might be dying, but Adobe isn't.
The thing is that developing for HTML5 (HTML5 is actually fine, but its programming language, javascript is pain in the ass and is not designed for large projects) throws us back into the stone age. If TW has a number of bugs, then the same project in html5/javascript will have couple times as much bugs because of programming language features.
Therefore several frameworks exist to overcome shortcommings of javascript, for example one can develop using java or cpp and then it is translated into html5/javascript.
Adode already has a nice framework, so i am just waiting for Adobe to make an export of flash projects into html5/javascript or native apps.
That's how i see it from developer perspective.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by selfmade648562 on August-24-2012 at 5:57pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
Flash has been dying for years and with more and more people accessing the web through their mobile devices the demand for a lightweight platform that won't hog up all your resources and drain the battery of your mobile devices are through the roof.

Even Adobe is switching it's sights to HTML5.....in walks Adobe Edge. The downward anti-flash trend really took off when Apple said that they wouldn't support flash and I don't know about you, but just everyone I know owns an iPhone.

I read somewhere that Adobe isn't even going to be supporting flash for mobile devices anymore. I wrote my first iPhone APP with Adobe Flash CS5...crazy.

-------------
Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

Message posted by madmux on August-25-2012 at 9:11am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
The problem is that html5 (languages, tools, support) didn't grow up as fast as people were trying to kill flash :) That leaves developers without proper tools to migrate their products into html5 easy, fast and painlessly.
In our country Androids are most widespread, but it really doesn't matter, because you'd like to support all the platforms. But the different devices (and their browsers) support html5 to the different level. And that's yet another sea of blood if your project is a bit complicated.
"I wrote my first iPhone APP with Adobe Flash CS5...crazy."
That's what i was saying - let's wait until Adobe will solve most of the problems and propose export to html5 for the projects like TW or provide some tools for easier migration. No need to rebuild everything from scratch. Some things are already in works:
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-technology-sneaks-2012/export-to-html5-from-flash-professional/

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register