Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Too many scenes Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ClevTrev on September-09-2012 at 5:04pm
View ClevTrev's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ClevTrev Search   Visit ClevTrev's Homepage www   Quote ClevTrev Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ClevTrev
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-05-2012
8 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a problem in that I have around 35 scenes in my Tour. This works well in Flash but, in HTML5, I don't see the map or the navbar/popups etc.

If I scale it down to around 10 scenes, it works in HTML5.

Is there a limit to the number of scenes when converting to HTML5? Or maybe I need to break the tour down into 2 or 3 tours and link them together?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Message posted by Charlie on September-09-2012 at 7:23pm
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
Hi Clev - are they all panoramas or do you also have still images mixed in? And... what size/resolution are the panos and stills (if applicable)?

There are some features that are available for flash, but not html5 - the list is on the site somewhere - I'll see if I can find it and get the link to you - might help.

BTW I'm impressed you were able to get 10 scenes to work!!

Message posted by Charlie on September-09-2012 at 8:23pm
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html

found it - hopefully helps a bit!!

Message posted by smooth on September-10-2012 at 12:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Charlie,

If http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html states HTML5 doesn't support "frame image" why does your "non working" html5 tour have a frame image (imitation iPad)?

Also you have two sets of controls.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Charlie on September-10-2012 at 11:12am
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
Hi Smooth - I'm not sure - I took one of the skins from the exchange on easypano and tried using it to see if that made a difference.

This is this morning's correspondence with easypano - I created a completely different tour with the absolute basics - again, I tried it on safari for a pc - works fine, but I have no way to test it on an ipad/phone. Here is the full correspondence. My reply is further down - does that tour have the same issue as what you stated above? Or am I still doing something totally wrong? I'm hoping to hear back from Jack at easypano quickly, but in the meantime any help you can offer... as always Smooth :). Thank you...

From easypano:

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for contacting Easypano.

Some features are not supported in html5 format. You can know details via http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html.

Could you please send me your project file for checking? Please create a new folder first, click save as in file menu and save all the files into the new folder. Please make sure you send all the files saved. Thanks.

Please feel free to contact with me if I could be of any further assistance.

Best regards

Jack Wang

Easypano Holdings Inc.

Email: support@easypano.com;
Tel: +1-888-881-3340; Fax: +86-21-5080-0745

AND MY REPLY:

Hi - ok, I created a very basic tour - below is absolutely EVERYTHING that I thought you might need!! And btw - what do I do about my clients with android tablets and phones? There are billions of people who use these devices and I'd really like the tours provided for them as well - do you have any suggestions on how to get them on there as well?

Anyways, here are any links that I thought you might need. Please know, that I did try to use it on my pc with the Safari browser - it worked. It did NOT work on the ipad or iphone for that matter. On the ipad - it would bring up the first still image and not move to the next picture at all.

If you figure it out, please send me DETAILED and VERY specific instructions on how and what to do to make it work. And actually, while I have your attention - what size - length and width, should the main window be to accommodate both the pc tour AND the ipad AND the iphone. What size (resolution) should the still images be to accommodate ALL of them? What size (resolution) should the panos be?

As you can tell... I need a great deal of help - I've been trying to figure this out on my own and have waited too long to ask you guys for help - I now have clients that are getting VERY frustrated, so ANY AND ALL instructions (detailed) that I need to make this work - please send them VERY soon.

The actual tour - published and uploaded to server:
   http://www.caylex.ca/tour/basic_no_buttons_tour2/_auto/Caylex_basic_no_buttons_tour2.html

The zipped - saved as (into a new folder):
http://www.caylex.ca/tour/basic_no_buttons_tour2_saved_copy.zip

Thank you!!! I hope this is everything you need!!

Message posted by ClevTrev on September-10-2012 at 12:31pm
View ClevTrev's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ClevTrev Search   Visit ClevTrev's Homepage www   Quote ClevTrev Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ClevTrev
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-05-2012
8 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for responding and the link.

You mention file size of my panos. Each is 3034 x 1517 pixels (at 72ppi). Physical size is 107.03cm x 107.03cm. File size of each is around 400kb. No still images are used.

I'm new to this virtual tour stuff. Are they a little too large?

Thanks

Message posted by smooth on September-10-2012 at 12:41pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Charlie,

1: Your "Still images" are way, way too large. Your only ever targeting HTML5 at iDevices and at best the "New iPad" requires 1440px wide. Mobile devices don't have a lot of memory so you must factor this in. "Panorama images" should be no wider than 4500px and personally I would keep them at 3250px.

2: Your seeing the Flash version when you test with Safari (Unless you specifically open the HTML5 tour page). Flash is "preferred" and if the browser has it installed it will show the Flash version of the tour if you use the _auto publish option. (Check by right mouse click when the tour is running).

3: HTML5 does NOT support "Movie" track so the tour CANNOT autoplay. You must add thumbnails to select the scene or link via Hotspots.

Good luck!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Charlie on September-10-2012 at 3:33pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
Thanks Smooth - any chance you could check this one out for me? Please excuse the lengthy url - I'm just trying to keep track of the changes I'm trying. I have re-sized the still images and panos to match as you told me previously and also added the thumbnails.

http://www.caylex.ca/tour/basic_no_buttons_tour_dwnsize_pics_add_thumbs/_auto/Caylex_basic_no_buttons_tour_dwnsize_pics_add_thumbs.html

Message posted by Charlie on September-10-2012 at 4:02pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts
BTW Clev - my apologies - I seem to have taken over your thread!! I'm sure however, you will gain valuable knowledge from my blunders lol. As you are relatively new to all of this, Smooth is without a doubt the best at offering input on these forums. This has been an ongoing theme in the forums with the html5 portion of the tours. Tourweaver without a doubt creates some very dynamic flash tours and as far as I'm concerned, some of the best I've seen. Anyways, wish I could be of more help to you, but I'm feeling my way around this one too...

Message posted by smooth on September-11-2012 at 1:33am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hello Charlie,

Yes, this version is working.
http://www.caylex.ca/tour/basic_no_buttons_tour_dwnsize_pics_add_thumbs/_auto/html5/basic_no_buttons_tour_dwnsize_pics_add_thumbs.html

Shortened direct Safari HTML5 URL: http://tinyurl.com/9469ysw

Whilst it works on Safari on a PC with a decent screen resolution. It looks terrible on an iPhone. You cannot have those black borders around your images and "The Calais" logo is far too large and covers the centre of screen.

That said, the tour works. You really must purchase an iPad/iPhone so you can see what you are building. (As much as I'm against these Apple products personally). You are flailing about in the dark otherwise!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register