Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Add actions to the thumbnail Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Johnny on October-03-2012 at 12:06pm
View Johnny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johnny Search   Quote Johnny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johnny
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
March-26-2012
8 Posts
Hi everyone! I own Tourweaver 7.0, is it possible to add an action when the user click a scene on the thumbnail? I would like to show a popup window in the bottom left corner to indicate which scene you are. Obviously when the user selects a new scene in the thumbnail i should close the previous popup and show the one corresponding to the current scene. It would be easy to do that with a map but the customer doesn't want a map

Thanks in advance!

Message posted by smooth on October-03-2012 at 12:37pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You would need to make your own thumbnails. Each thumbnail as an image. Then you could do what you are asking.

I would make a pop-up window in the shape of the thumbnail strip and then start adding thumbnail images. Using a pop-up window will allow the hide/show action if required.

It will not work with the standard Tourweaver thumbnail item.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Nick on October-03-2012 at 8:22pm
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
I would also love it if Tourweaver would allow you to apply actions to individual thumbs in the thumbnail box. I have made this suggestion to EP but of course have had no response! The problem with creating a pop up window and using your own thumbnail images is that the pop up window doesn't allow you to scroll through a large number of thumbnail images like the thumbnail box does. As far as I know there is no other way in TW currently to scroll through a bunch of images or scroll content in a small pop up window is there?

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2012 at 3:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Yes, you can build your own thumbnails and make or mimic the scroll action. It is all done with pop-up windows that are nested. I may provide a working example later if I can find the time to construct it.

It is not a simple click to add. But with a little thought many things are possible with Tourweaver.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Johnny on October-04-2012 at 4:16am
View Johnny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Johnny Search   Quote Johnny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Johnny
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
March-26-2012
8 Posts
Thank you for the reply! I thought to make my own thumbnails using pop-up windows but this leads to the problems mentioned by Nick. Since I have several scenes in my tour I did not know how to make it scrollable. It would be great if you can provide a little example!

Message posted by madmux on October-04-2012 at 6:58am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi guys,

Once i had more time i made TW component which opens specific popup window when entering scene. You just have to name popups accordingly.
It is here and for free :)
http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/10

Give it a try.

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by Johnny on October-04-2012 at 9:06am
Johnny
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
March-26-2012
8 Posts
Hi madmux, your component sounds interesting, I tried to make it work but I cannot because of my lack of experience with TW and flash components. I have a scene and a pop-up window with the same name, I want to show the pop-up when entering the scene, I don't understand where I have to put your flash component and what I have to do to make it work.

I have another question: does your component allow to perform more than 1 action? If I enter the scene named "one" it shows the corresponding pop-up window, but when I enter another scene named "two" the pop-up "one" is still visible? I should close it and open the pop-up "two". Is it possible?

Thank you very much!

Message posted by smooth on October-04-2012 at 12:08pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Here is an example of a scratch built thumbnail strip with 10 panorama scenes.

Click here

All was built within Tourweaver GUI.

Thumbs 1 and 2 and 6 are set to open a pop-up window from the thumbnail. Clicking thumb 2 will close any open pop-up left open from 1 or 6 and the same for the other I.E: 6 will close pop-ups 1 and 2 etc.

As this is just a bodged up example I didn't bother adding extra close actions to the other thumbnails, but this is simple process.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Nick on October-04-2012 at 8:23pm
View Nick's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nick Search   Visit Nick's Homepage www   Quote Nick Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nick
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
May-08-2007
36 Posts
Hi Smooth,

What i want to do is very similar to your example. I want to simply close a pop up window which contains the thumbnail box when you click on any thumbnail image in the box.

Is your example built and programmed in flash? Is the scrolling effect achieved by using a flash component instead. I want this to work in an HTML5 tour. Is this possible?

-------------
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!

Message posted by smooth on October-05-2012 at 12:39am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
No Flash at all, just pop-up windows with transitions.

You would think it would work with HTML5 but no. HTML5 fails. The layers get mixed up for some reason. Maybe there is a fix but I just don't wish to waste any time on useless Safari HTML5

Apart from that what you are wanting to do is totally possible. I.E: Closing the pop-up and thumbnails once you click any thumbnail within the thumbnail strip.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register