Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Display problems with iPad and iPhone5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ori0n on November-14-2012 at 7:05am
View ori0n's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ori0n Search   Quote ori0n Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ori0n
Standard Member
Standard Member
Singapore
November-14-2012
1 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I have just started to use the Tourweaver and find it pretty neat. I do have an issue may need assistance.

When publishing my virtual tour (VT), I selected flash, html5 and auto. When I visited the site on my PC and everything looks great. However when I tried to view using my iphone and ipad, the outcome is distorted. Can anyone advice?

Justin

Message posted by nimbystripes on November-16-2012 at 9:11pm
View nimbystripes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nimbystripes Search   Quote nimbystripes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nimbystripes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-15-2012
6 Posts
Same problem on my end. I have tried it with both iPad and Samsung Tab, but still get the outcome distorted while everything is fine when I view it on PC.

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-19-2012 at 4:05pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
You'll probably find that this is due to your filed of vision. i've only recently been testing on Iphone/Ipad and found similar problems. However, I tend to publish 4000x2000 Panos optimised for a given viewer size. Even in Fullscreen the image will be good. I'm guessing that as TW resizes iphone and ipad panos the original filed of view set may cause the distortion. (as will be the case if you zoom out to much on a normal screen.)

I noticed that when the iphone is in upright position I have no distortion. Also, when I zoom in somewhat I also lose the issue of warping. This also occurs on PC/MAC when I've zoomed out to much.

Presnet soltions with TW7 will be testing this by adjusting your fieled of view. Most likely we'll just have to publish the tour in two parts. 1 for the PC/MAC and 1 for the HTML5. This is something I'm having to do anyway due to some of the restrictions of HTML5, like url links which i tend to use liberaly, and just swap files accordingly before putting online. I also have an issue with popups which are open initially for PC/MAC ipad but block the screen on iphone.

I'll be testing this myself over the next few days as I'm optimising a few tours for publication. I'll publish my findings and ask you to do the same.

Realistically Easypano needs to address the issue of multiple settings for output: PC/MAC, ipad, android tablets, iphone and android phones. If they do this well they'll be not only unbeatable in the pano space but would be offer us a great tool to create interactive websites for mobile output.

Phew... lots of work and bug issues are sure to follow ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by selfmade648562 on November-29-2012 at 2:20am
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
If you guys are using TW7 then that's your problem. 6.5 works perfectly as you can see by accessing this on your Apple device Kings' Shops

Seems that Easypano was in way too much of a hurry to make some money with TW7, it should still be in beta.

-------------
Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-29-2012 at 12:20pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hiya selfmade,

must say that I still prefer my take on the mater. I just looked at your tour on an ipad and have the same slight distortion when in horizontal mode. I do believe it's down to the pov. But thats just my 2.5 cents worth ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-29-2012 at 12:20pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hiya selfmade,

must say that I still prefer my take on the mater. I just looked at your tour on an ipad and have the same slight distortion when in horizontal mode. I do believe it's down to the pov. But thats just my opinion ;-)

-------------

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-29-2012 at 12:21pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hiya selfmade648562,

must say that I still prefer my take on the mater. I just looked at your tour on an ipad and have the same slight distortion when in horizontal mode. I do believe it's down to the pov. But thats just my opinion ;-)

-------------

Message posted by selfmade648562 on December-01-2012 at 5:19pm
View selfmade648562's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by selfmade648562 Search   Visit selfmade648562's Homepage www   Quote selfmade648562 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
selfmade648562
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-07-2011
98 Posts
Hi phoenixrising,

What distortion are you referring to? looks fine to me. I'd be curious to see exactly what type of distortion ori0n and nimbystripes are referring to because I have no complaints about mine.

-------------
Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register