Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: autorun feature issues. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on September-15-2004 at 12:18am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

OK, so I'm not a huge scripter and know little about CD's. I do have a customer that is asking for CD with autorun feature. If I just input the whole tour onto the CD I'll get the auto run opening the Please paste the following code into ur browser window with a blue click this to start the tour. Sure I can change the inf file to open the Tourviewer_xxx.html, but then I just get the tour opening up in the default browser window size. How can I change this??? Is there a command line I should insert to the autorun script???

Also, I've been looking for some kind of CD frontend that'll enable me to have a splash screen (I think thats what it's called) which will autorun and open a window with links to the root of the CD structure which will contain more then just one tour. I've been looking at a number of products that all seem to be less intuitive then I'd hope for. Any recommendations.???

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by eagle on September-15-2004 at 12:28am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi phoenix,

When you publish the tour, it asks you to name the tour ... test.html for example. This is the file that the autorun file will recognize and launch. This is also the file you can modify to whatever you want . It can be the homepage, splash page, etc. This is how I distribute tours offline on a CD.

Thanks.

r,
eagle

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-15-2004 at 2:22am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Hi eagle,

yeah, I gather that this is the part I can change... the issue I have is that I'm just starting to get my head around html/scripting and CD's. So I guess I can create a webpage, give it a link with the java script open command to then open the tour in the window size I require. (I've only ever bult really light webpages so far...). Is there a way that I can lock all the CD contents into a file that can't be opened??

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by andrew on September-15-2004 at 6:20am
View andrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andrew Search   Quote andrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi Robert,

I run presentation in new browse window with all option necessary(size, toolbar, menu bar etc.). Interesting script is generating by easypano when you choose option "customize aplet" - there are some interesting ideas about browser setting.

In autorun I write :

[autorun]

shellexecute=start.html

then in start.html I use script like this:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

// first window - I put it  below new and resize (numbers are only example) I can close the first window, but unfortunately browser will ask something like :" Somebody try close window should I close it ? " - so I don't close it but only put below new window

function popresize(){

szer=screen.availWidth;
wys=screen.availHeight;
x=szer-670;
x=Math.round(x/2);
y=wys-530;
y=Math.round(y/2);
self.resizeTo(670,530);
self.moveTo(x,y);

}

// new window (tour window)

function new_popup(){
szer=screen.availWidth;
wys=screen.availHeight;
x=szer-685;
x=Math.round(x/2);
y=wys-550;
y=Math.round(y/2);
var option="status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,resizable=no,personalbar=no,top="+y+",left="+x+",width=685,height=540";
new_win=window.open("your_tour.html","_blank",option);
new_win.focus();
}
</script>

// in body of html file something like this

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

popresize();
 new_popup();

</script>

Regards,

Andrew

Message posted by eagle on September-15-2004 at 10:37am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi phoenix,

Your last question if I read it correctly is related to encrypting the files so that they are unreadable and cannot be copied, reverse-engineered, and/or reproduced.  I don't know of any products but I'm sure there's a few out there that can do something like that.

r,
eagle

Message posted by phoenixrising on September-15-2004 at 4:21pm
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

Thanks eagle, thats a great help. I'll give it a try later and will report back.

;-)))))

-------------

Message posted by andrew on September-16-2004 at 2:44pm
View andrew's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by andrew Search   Quote andrew Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
andrew
Standard Member
Standard Member
Poland
September-09-2004
11 Posts

Hi Robert,

Do you find scripts I sended helpfull ? Could I make something more for you in exchange of your help ?

Regards,

Andrew

Message posted by gidget on September-16-2004 at 3:24pm
View gidget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gidget Search   Visit gidget's Homepage www   Quote gidget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gidget
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-06-2004
61 Posts

Hi phoenix,

Have some info you might be interested in.  I’ve played around with a few frontends of different sorts. You may want to check put

The first one is   CDFrontEnd by Visual Vision:  it seems at first kind of … well cheap but it works and is not all that hard to learn, what I liked was it has its own browser so you don’t have to worry about having the correct browser on your clients computer and the final product you put on your CD's is just one file..

You should read the main benefits and features on its home page, also has a free version called front end lite.  Cost on main version is only about $129.00US.

http://www.cdfrontend.com   

CdfrontEnd lite is on the left side of page about ? way down

The second one I’ve tried is:   Auto Play Media studio by Indigo Rose

Much more advanced but not harder to learn, This one is My choice, it’s a great program

And the scripting that you can do with is made very easy by just choosing from a lists of explained script actions. It is more expensive range from $200.00 to about $500.00US plus lots of add ons.

Their home page is:  http://www.autoplaystudio.com/site/index.php#

They have a free trial  download at: http://www.indigorose.com/downloads/trial_software.php

There is another I played with called: Active Delivery by Innermedia.  very advanced but if You have the time to learn it would be the ultimate front end.

Their trial download is at:   Oops that page is down right now  But

You can get some info at: http://www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

I’ve seen this one used for Full VRTours, maps and all,  Every thing in one file,

If remember where I got that tour from I’ll let you know if you want,

-------------
mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Message posted by gidget on September-16-2004 at 3:28pm
View gidget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gidget Search   Visit gidget's Homepage www   Quote gidget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gidget
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-06-2004
61 Posts

Sorry the Active Delivery Web site is:

http://www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

Mike
(gidget)

-------------
mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Message posted by gidget on September-16-2004 at 3:34pm
gidget
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-06-2004
61 Posts

The text keeps disapearing., Sorry

www.activedelivery.com/ad/index.htm

I'll try this once more.If it doesnt work just a search would work.

Mike O
(gidget)

-------------
mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register