Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: My first tour ever Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Alexandre on November-21-2006 at 5:31pm
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

I finally did it... After months of concentration on my real work, I found some time for testing and playing around in Panoweaver 4. If the final result is not perfect, I am proud because this is my first tour :)

You can view the file here : http://chablinet.com/temp/pano0.mov

I shot the pictures with the auto mode, I didn't have time yet for getting my hands on the camera so the colors are not regular. This was taken yesterday eve in my flat with a "cold light" ceiling-lamp.

Any comment welcomed.

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by VT360 on November-21-2006 at 6:50pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

for starters,,, it took a long time to download maybe like 3 minutes

the image quality/sharpeness is nice ! 

overall very good for ur first pano...keep working at it.

Message posted by Alexandre on November-22-2006 at 2:50am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

I forgot to mention that the file is 4.6Mb... I think the hardest thing in panobusiness is to shot proper pictures, then the stitching process with Panoweaver is really simple, although it can take some time if you add manually matching points

Message posted by Gen. Lee on November-22-2006 at 5:06pm
View Gen. Lee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gen. Lee Search   Quote Gen. Lee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gen. Lee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-15-2005
372 Posts

Well its good for your first time.

Looks like your NPP is off quite a bit. You should try to get it alighned better.

Also it appears you shot it as direct sun white balance instead of incandescent. Thats why the image is yellow.

You can fix this in photo shop by running the lens correction filters and making the image cooler. Image->adjustments-->photo filter

Or image--->adjustments--->color correction. Play with the sliders. I use 5,0,-5 in highlight, shadows, and midtones.

Stitch at 4000x2000. Save as BMP. Color correct in Photo shop. Apply smart sharpen at about 50%. Resize to 2200x1100 using bicubic sharpen. Save as jpeg at 60% compression. Display at about 600x450. Set your FOV to about 100. You should get a file size of about 500k

It is more important to keep the source file larger in dimensions and compress more with jpeg than to make the source image smaller and compress less. You will get better angular resoution this way. Also the wider the FOV hence about 100 the better angular resoution you will have and that means the image will be sharper. A 90 fov is close to humane vision but upping this a little will make the image slightly sharper but not distort the image too bad. Its a trade off. But pick what you like.

General Lee

Message posted by Alexandre on November-23-2006 at 2:33am
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Bonjour general :)

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately i don't have a photoshop license, but I will try to see if a friend who has it can perform the tasks your mentioning.

What I find most difficult tio start with, is to do proper shooting with the camera : there are so many parameters on it, that it takes a lot of time. Anyway, will try to reshoot tonight and apply your advices.

Regards, Alexandre

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register